October 2015 Moms

Induction!

Scheduled for an induction at 4am tomorrow! So excited and ready for this journey to be over so I can finally hold my sweet baby boy in my arms.

Trying not to let anything bring me down now! (Not even my obnoxious in laws.)

Re: Induction!

• Hooray! 730am tomorrow for me! Hope everything goes smoothly for you!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Good luck! I go in at 5 pm tomorrow to get cervadil then start pitocin Thursday morning.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited October 2015
    5am for me! Did your doctors make you all take showers with surgical prep antibiotic soap the night before, while at home? It's freaking me out, it's like they are treating the induction like a surgery. No food or water after midnight, special showers, I wasn't scared until they told me all that!
  • No. The only instructions my doctor gave me was see you at 4am. That's super strange
  • Mine is scheduled at 2 am on Thursday. The end is finally on sight!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go in tonight at 6pm to start cervidil.. Lots of babies today.. I am totally excited / scared..
  • So exciting! Today was my due date, but had an augmented birth with Pitocin on the 20th after my water broke. Since it was not scheduled, I had done no extra prep. @newtdaydreamer, I wonder iftose step are a precaution in case an emergency c-section is needed. Maybe you doc likes to be super prepared? Good luck to each of you. So excited to hear your stories!
  • It freaked. Me out but nothing bad happened and now little man and I are home!
  • I was induced last Saturday. 10/24. Easy peasy! Started at 7am and my son was born at 1:17pm. 2 good pushes. No tears or anything. It's was fantastic! Good luck to you!
  • I was induced last Saturday. 10/24. Easy peasy! Started at 7am and my son was born at 1:17pm. 2 good pushes. No tears or anything. It's was fantastic! Good luck to you!

Congratulations! I'm being induced this Tuesday and would love to know if this is your first pregnancy also if you had an epidural or not. This is my first and a concern of mine was tearing and I know that when you're induced things can go much quicker and be less predictable. I also plan to go through the entire process without pain meds. I love to hear others' experiences with being induced the process has such a bad rep! And it's totally opposite of my original plan to labor at home. I'm happy to hear your experience was very pleasant overall.