January 2016 Moms
Options

Which diapers to use?

Can anybody recommend some brands styles etc of diapers avaliable in the USA which are good. In terms of fit comfort no spills etc
I see pampers everywhere but are they the best?
Thanks ladies

Re: Which diapers to use?

• Options
    Depends on baby. We used pampers, buggies, Walmart brand, Walgreens brand and target brand at some point with my first. All worked well for us. Some say their baby leaks out of some brands but we never had that issue
  • Options
    With DS we originally started with huggies but after about a month in switched to Luvs. I will only be using Luvs this time around as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We will be using Pampers swaddlers for NB and then go to Luvs. We use Luvs for our 1.5 yr old now and theyre great!
  • Options
    Luvs!! They have worked the best!

I have tried huggies, pampers, Wal-Mart brand, and up&up brand but I have always went back to Luvs because they have NEVER leaked on me and DH gets easily distracted and forgets to change the diaper after a period time and yet they still absorb everything.

Wal-Mart brand gives you the most diapers I believe but I constantly have to change DS and he always smells like pee.... Like it doesn't keep the odor in lol. They are made with super thin material in my opinion. As many diaper changes I have to do its so.let better just getting name brand diapers.
  • Options
    I have used Target diapers for my first two kids and have liked them. My first kid was allergic to all diapers except Target - I'm guessing because they don't have the fragrance that the more expensive diapers have. Try them all and see which ones you like best. Newborns go through diapers like crazy anyway!
  • Options
    Itll depend on you and your kid. I tried pampers (it's what they give you at the hospital) but the netting or whatever gave my LO awful rashes. We tried huggies but she leaked out the sides. Then we tried target brand and stuck with those until they changed theirs and they were more like pampers. The diapers always seemed puffy and like I had to change them. So we tried huggies again (three sizes later) and have stuck with them so far!
  • Options
    This has really helped me Thankyou so much!!!! There's just so many on offer!!! It's overwhelming
    I appreciate the detailed replies though
  • Options
    willashbabywillashbaby member
    edited October 2015
    Another vote here for it all depends on the kid! The diaper brand fit may also change as your baby grows. I would think that it's best not to overbuy any one brand and try a few before you decide what you like best. Honestly the threat of blowouts in disposables is one reason I'm going with cloth, they hold that in!
  • Options
    Depends (no pun intended) on child. We use Pampers Swaddlers and have been happy with them. Daycare uses Target brand which work fine but I don't like the feel of them (sound and feel more plasticky to me). She gets more diaper rashes when she's at daycare which could either be from the diaper or perhaps less frequent/quick changes.
  • Options
    I like target brand and pampers baby dry for overnight once baby starts sleeping longer at night because they hold in sooooo much urine without any leaks.
  • Options
    We loved Pampers Swaddlers for the first few months. They are nice and soft, have the pee indicator line, and seem to fit really well on a newborn. That is also the brand our hospital used. Once DS started sitting up he started having blowouts with the Swaddlers. We tried pretty much every brand out there and the only ones that kept everything in for him were Huggies Snug & Dry. I remember my sister telling me at the time that from talking with all of her mommy friends it seemed that a lot of them preferred Pampers Swaddlers for newborns but it really varied by baby once they got a little bigger.
  • Options
    Love pampers swaddlers for the newborn phase then switching to target brand again. They are significantly cheaper.
  • Options
    I also preferred swaddlers for the first few months. Then as we used what was gifted, and nothing really contained everything consistently. Once he was really mobile, only Huggies little movers! They needed less changing than generics, and stayed in place better, so we used fewer, and actually broke even. I don't know if it's still true, but used to be there was a gender difference as far as which brand was better for boys vs girls. Good luck to us all. Every kid is different in this regard, even at different stages, and it is so not fun to find out the hard way that they reached a new stage!
  • Options
    We wanted something free or low in potentially harmful chemicals so tried Earth's Best, Honest, Seventh Generation, and a couple others. We ended up with Bambo and absolutely love them. (Tried cloth but failed)
  • Options
    We have tried several different brands but have stuck with Pampers Swaddlers. My son just seemed to leak through everything else. He is now 2.5 yrs old and still in the Swaddlers. We will be using the Swaddlers for the new baby too. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    With my son, we tried a bit of everything (luvs, huggies, pampers, honest co., parent's choice). He apparently has a bladder of steel. When he let's go, the floodgates open! For him, we found that Luvs worked during the day, but at night we had to use Pampers extra absorbant, night time (I don't remember the exact name) diapers in the next size up. Now, he wears pampers cruisers all the time...
    If the diapers you have or receive as gifts don't work, you can take unopened packages to most stores (walmart, target, meijer, etc.) and they will give you either store credit, or allow you to exchange them for the correct size or a pack with the same pricing.
  • Options
    I'm starting with pampers swaddlers sensitive but I've also purchased walgreens brand "well beginnings" on a BOGO free sale.