1st Trimester

Sensitive "Irritable" Uterus ?!?

During my previous two pregnancies I had extremely horrible cramping.  I have not made it to full term, but I can only imagine they were similar to contractions.  They come on and are crippling in pain for 10-15 minutes then subside to dull aching... last pregnancy it happened maybe once or twice a day.  US were always OK and despite multiple ER trips I would come home being told everything was fine.  After my missed MC last year I spoke to my OB about the pain and she said I may just have a sensitive uterus. 

I did some research and came across the term "irritable" uterus.  I'm 7W and the cramping is starting- it's not as severe as it has been, but it's letting me know it's coming and it scares the crap out of me.  No one seems too concerned so I know I probably shouldn't be, but the pain is so intense it seems like it's impossible it is "normal." 

Does anyone have any experience with this and what helps?  When does it go away?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Sensitive "Irritable" Uterus ?!?

• soxfan9968soxfan9968 member
    edited October 2015
    ER's aren't really helpful with ob matters. I'd contact your ob about the pain (maybe switch if your current ob isn't paying attention to your concerns?). If you really need to go to a hospital for severe pain, I'd go to labor & delivery before the er.

ETA: sorry no experience with this but keeping my FX for you and hoping everything turns out ok.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Thanks! I went to my OB for the last pregnancy and she is the one who told me I probably just had an angry uterus lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have an answer to your question but just wanted to say I think I'm going to start a punk rock band and call it "irritable uterus". Lol
  • I had an irritable uterus and that caused me to spot and cramp a lot, but my cramping was never that severe. I agree with PP that you should put into a call with your OB just to get stuff checked out and hear what they have to say about it. Fingers crossed that things go well for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought she was just being funny, but apparently there is literally something called "irritable uterus." Go figure.

Pregnancy Ticker