November 2015 Moms

1 month today! How are all the babies doing?

I had to share this ladies! I didn't know where to put a quick AW baby update as I didn't put my labour story on my birth announcement! A month today my baby was born, induced on the 26th, born on the 27th. I had gas and air and my requested epidural failed, I could feel every contraction, they kept topping me up and then when they checked it, it turns out the epidural had come out and wasn't even in my back! There was talks of c section due to baby potentially getting in distressed, when they came to put me another epidural in I started to bare down and he said it was too late, baby was coming! I started to push and the doctor came in with forceps but I pushed and pushed and they weren't needed. Me and Jude stayed in hospital a week..Fast forward a month and here we are! He's doing great. How are all the mamas and babies doing?

Re: 1 month today! How are all the babies doing?

• Adorable!!!!

LO and I are doing great. I went into this pregnancy expecting problems as most women in my family have had issues and we have some congenital defect issues that run in the family. But to my delight my pregnancy has been uneventful and he has no signs of either defect!

Being a tad overweight to start with I expected to balloon up but luckily I didn't and haven't gained excessive weight!

I'm super excited to meet my little guy, in a little over 3 weeks! (As long as he doesn't get impatient.) I can't wait to spend the holidays with my new little family!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @AMG901 ah been wondering how you and little Jude are doing! That month went very quickly. He's so cute :x
  • Pleased to hear everyone is doing well!
    Ruth is seriously too cute in that gown, what a gorgeous little girl!!!
    Actually come to think of it, when Jude was on neonates ward for the first couple of days he was put on a monitor that would sound if he didn't breathe for over 20 seconds, luckily it never went off because that would scare the living crap out of me, but again he was an early baby so that would've been why. Ooh scary times, pleased she is ok.
    Can't wait for more updates as we actually approach November! C'mon Nov '15 babies!!
  • And yeah time has flown!! @mamavbs a month already, gosh. Hope you're well?
  • @Squirtgun hello if you don't mind me asking were did you buy the pillow your baby is laying on ?
  • Hi @Novvbaby, I believe it's a Boppy pillow cover - if so, buy buy baby or Amazon.
  • @Novvbaby, @enchanted78 is right, it's a boppy pillow cover. A friend bought it at target about two years ago, so I'm not sure if the pattern would still be available there.
  • Okay thank you ladies!
  • @oliviaann91 I love the bath towel picture... Absolutely adorable!
  • @oliviaann91 I love the bath towel picture... Absolutely adorable!

Thank you! Bath time always wakes him up ;) he is a sweety!
  • Cooper is doing great! He is 4 days old today. We're working hard at breastfeeding and I should know today or tomorrow if his tongue tie is the true cause of his weight loss. He has almost lost too much so I'm really hoping he starts gaining.

I'm just so in love with this little boy. My husband has been so amazing caring for me after my unexpected c-section. He has also listened very attentively at all the lactation consultant meetings and has helped me so much by making sure we're getting a good latch. He has just been so amazing.
  • Hey everyone! Betsy is 18 days old today, and we are more in love than ever though wish she didn't like staying awake after night feedings!
    She was born at 36 weeks- 2 days, no warning at all and for no reason at all- I think she was just bored in there. We have latching issues, going to a breast feeding support group weekly and pumping away- fingers crossed as she gets closer to her actual due date (November 18th) she gets more control over her face muscles and doesn't struggle to latch so much. As it is pumping, pumping away- she is up to 6 pounds 1 ounce after being born at 5 pounds 12 ounces which we are thrilled about! I love hearing updates from November moms- lurking on the October board just isn't the same!
    Here are some pictures of our Betsy B
  • Hazel Quinn is almost a month old. Today is her due date. She isn't back to her birth weight yet, but she is getting close. She had 1 successful nursing session yesterday that lasted about 20 minutes. She loves looking around cuddling. She hates bath time.
    Hazel has had a couple of incidents that she stopped breathing and scared the crap out of me. Now she wears the Owlet. Best $250 spent!
    Here is a picture big sister took while they played dress up last weekend.
  • Kimberly Elizabeth is 13 days old! She was born at 37 weeks exactly. We weren't prepared for her to be early in fact DH had a vasectomy 2 days before she was born the nurses were passing him ice packs durning my c section lol. I had to have a c section since she was breech we tried to do a version since I had gone into labor on my own and my dr thought why not try it it failed. Then I had a horrible reaction to the spinal that resulted in 24 hrs of vomiting for me and dehydration. But we are on the mend and baby girl couldn't be healthier! She is almost back to her birth weight we have a recheck in a few days and she has a sonogram scheduled for the end of the month to check her hips. So glad to hear that everyone is doing good! The middle picture is of her in a hastily made Halloween outfit my fil nicknames all the babies and hers is snowflake so my mil made her a snowflake costume!
  • Keira is now 7wks old, & is doing great. She's a good girl I really can't complain. She has her last feed at 11pm & will go down till 7-8am.
    I must say that all you N'15 mummies have beautiful babies.

@JLW0504 so glad to hear that Maddie is doing well. After all you went through its a joy to hear.
  • JJ is 5 days old, had our first baby check up today. He is in the 99% for height and 89% for weight, had the billi test today and his chances of jaundice is extremely low! That's the first out of my 4. He sleeps a ton and loves to nurse!! He hates being changed or naked! Soaking in every moment with my tiny, they grow up so fast!! My 1.5yo feels like a tank now!!

I would love to add a pic but gues TB is being stupid and I dont have that option right now >:(
  • My little Elodie (one week today, born at 37 weeks) lost a little more weight than ped would have liked, but my milk took a few extra days to come in. She's been nursing like a champ though and we have another appointment today, keeping my fingers crossed she's gained some weight!! Other than that worry, she's going great, also hates being naked and having her diaper changed, it's pretty much the only time she cries.