August 2015 Moms

Finances to stay on leave

Maybe someone has been in the same boat...my disability has ended and pfl is ending soon. So pay from CA is done, FMLA gives me until end of year but I won't be getting any sort of benefits and my husband and I need it. Anyone know in CA how I can continue benefits?

Re: Finances to stay on leave

• Go back to work? Maybe you can negotiate coming back early but only part time.

I'm jealous that you get paid leave from the state. In NC you get nothing. And our disability policy would have only paid half my salary.
  • Unfortunately that's the boat most of us are in, not sure there is anything else. I started saving money as soon as we found out I was pregnant so I could stay home the full 12 FMLA weeks. My STD pay covered 6 of the 12 weeks. Do you have any vacation days you could use? My company will allow you to cash them out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • daniellepandadaniellepanda member
    edited October 2015
    No that is the absolute maximum benefits here in Ca to receive pay. Only thing that would change that is a health issue which would require you to have extended your disability period before you started pfl (such as pain from c/s, birth complications, extreme ppd, etc). Otherwise you are eligible to continue your family leave without pay.
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker