Elin
46% 49 votes
Britta
27% 29 votes
Dinah
25% 27 votes

Re: Which name do you like best?

• Options
    Are these real names? I would like to vote but need to know first...Dinah might be ok...
  • Options
    I do not like any of them! They sound like they were made up by a child
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Elin. (Pronounced Ee-Lin?).
    Dinah would be my second choice.
  • Options
    That's very rude. Elin and Britta are Scandinavian names. I'm Norwegian.
  • Options
    lainey419lainey419 member
    edited October 2015
    Why would that be extremely helpful? Does that change one's choice? All I am asking is what name people like best. If they don't like any of them, then they shouldn't respond. There's no need to be rude.
  • Options
    lainey419lainey419 member
    edited October 2015
    Grow up. Having a negative opinion and stating a negative opinion are two different things. I didn't ask what names you dislike. If you don't have anything nice to say....
  • Options
    When in doubt, check behind the name.
  • Options
    Do people make polls about "fake" names?
  • Options
    Lol, I didn't know that. This is my first time on here.
  • Options
    @lainey419 read through some posts and you will totally understand...
  • Options
    lainey419 said:

Lol, I didn't know that. This is my first time on here.

It's cool. Your list is great, sometimes people get tripped up with names outside their cultural norm (I always have to double check Native and Indian names, but since BTN isn’t infallible I still put my foot in my mouth sometimes )
  • Options
    lm45678lm45678 member
    edited October 2015
    I voted Britta- I have a family friend name Britta and so it has really grown on me. My only hesitation is that the most common water filter in the U.S. is Brita... I don't think there are a lot of negative nicknames that would come from that, but something to think about!

Elin is nice too, it's the name of Tiger Woods' ex-wife who is Swedish and I think it may work the best in the U.S.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options

I do not like them Sam I am
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Went to school with a britta. Very sweet.

I also like Elin.

Um, made up?! Dinah is in the Bible! But that gives me a negative connotation.

This name board tends to be rude overall IMO.
  • Options
    I like Britta a lot. Elin is my runner up. Dinah is nice to but I am not a fan of biblical names. Good list!

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    lainey419 said:
    Do people make polls about "fake" names?
    lol....boy, do they....

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    Common practice in life is to think before you speak. If you run across names you haven't heard of it doesn't Nessesarily mean they are made up. Just look it up so you can form an opinion and expand your horizons or ask nicely. I personally am not a fm of Britta only because it makes me think of The water filter company. Dinah is pretty cute, reminds me of the song "someone's in the kitchen with Dinah...":)Elin in my favorite, elegant sounding:
  • Options
    Elin is one of my favorite names of all time! Love it!!

• Options
    I wouldn't knock made up names... Anymore. My cousin held her name choice until LO was born and once the name was announced everyone thought it was weird but now he is the greatest kid and the name fits him. Yes, they sound weird but who are we to judge.

BTW, I know these particular names are not made up, I am just adding onto the idea of made up names.
  • Options
    I like Elin the best out of those, it's sort of been a favorite since I heard it on Tiger Woods' ex wife lol. It's been too long for that to be an association by the time baby is born, so I wouldn't worry about that. None of them are terrible, I promise. Just might not be someone else's naming style and that is ok. They are all real names and easily pronounced in the U.S. (not sure where you live) so that wouldn't be an issue here.
  • Options
    I voted for Britta, and then remembered the water filter. So if I could change my vote, I would change it to Elin. I think that Elin is a really pretty name!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    Elsa1984 said:
    I voted for Britta, and then remembered the water filter. So if I could change my vote, I would change it to Elin. I think that Elin is a really pretty name!
    That was my thought on the name Britta as well. Brita water filters are fairly common in the US, so that was the first thing I thought of. It wouldn't necessarily stop me from using that name if I loved it, just something to be aware of. Dinah makes me think of the song "I've Been Working on the Railroad" as another poster mentioned. Kind of a strange song, but again, nothing wrong with the name.

Elin is my personal favorite of your list, but they're all good choices. :)
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Elin is great. Britta makes me think of water filters. Dinah makes me think of that song "Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah..."
  • Options
    How are you pronouncing Dinah? Like Die-nah or Dee-na?

Also, when you post on a public forum, you can't really dictate people's responses to you.

• Options
    I voted for Britta but I love Elin as well. Dinah is just okay to me.
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart