Adoption
Options

New here

Hi there!
My name is Lacey and I am new to this board.
I am hopeful to adopt... and just went through a failed adoption and a late term loss last year! GRRR. I could use a break!

Is this board active?

Re: New here

• Options
    Hi Lacey.  I'm new here too.  It doesn't seem too active, I haven't found a good adoption message board that is yet.  I'm hopeful though.  We are adopting a baby due in June, my best friend is expecting and we will adopt.

I'm so sorry about your failed adoption and late term loss.  I know the emotions of IF and it's so hard to handle the roller coaster ride.

My husband and I live in MI, where are you?

Welcome and it's nice to meet you.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Hi! good to see someone here! Baby center is the only place I have found that actually has people active.
    I am in CA.
    How wonderful that your best friend is partnering with you on that. What a blessing!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi.
    Nope this board is not active at all, but I look on it from time to time. I hope you get to adopt soon! Me and my partner are adopting my sisters baby. She is 17 weeks. She had gotten pregnant with her second child and decided she could barely handle the first one right now seeing as she is a single mother and lives with my mom. I have always wanted a newborn to raise. I have a stepson and two daughters we adopted already. So baby makes 6. I am so excited. I am here though if you ever want to talk. We live in SC.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you had a failed adoption. We had something similar in foster care last year.