Trying to Get Pregnant

Monday Bitchfest

Let's hear it!

Mine is that our PR firm sent us a final draft of a press release FILLED with typos, grammatical errors, and misspellings (including misspelling the CEOs name TWICE).  I fixed it, and sent it back with a strongly worded email asking them to please spend more time proofreading as this was very unprofessional.  Our PR rep sent back an apology email with three typos. *head desk*  Not inspiring a lot of faith here!

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• One of our owner/brokers is currently remodeling his house.  This has consumed his life so now I'm getting calls and emails on an almost routine basis of things that have been missed/not paid/ ect.   I get that he has a lot going on... but since I offered my assistance already, and you said you can take care of it.....THEN DO IT.   Instead I got to start my day by trying to put out fires, while he is having counters installed.  UHHHH I can't wait for him to be done with this project.
    Married since 9/2014
    TTC since 7/2015
    BFP 12/24/2015 Miscarriage 3/4/2015 at 14 weeks
    Baby Girl BFP 9/10/2016 EDD 5/23/17  

• My office is so cold. I have my mini desk heater going but my fingertips are still cold and my toes are cold.  It makes for a long day :((
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Loading the player...
  • For reasons, we recently switched to using an Amex card for our everyday purchases and bills (where possible). I thought doing so would cause us to reduce our spending because we have to pay it off in full every month. Ha. Haaaaaaaa. 

fml animated GIF
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The person I am supposed to be the "backup" for has been out on leave since mid-May. This person was supposed to be out for 4-6 weeks, but apparently had some major complications and is now on surgery #3 with no return to work date in sight. Of course I feel bad that this happened and obviously it wasn't on purpose. But I've been doing two jobs for almost six months now and I'm drowning. My boss has given me some help from other coworkers on small pieces of the work here and there, but then he will take them away when something more critical comes up for them to work on. I feel like I'm just doing busy work all day every day to keep up with the day-to-day stuff of both jobs, so I don't get to work on anything meaningful anymore. Really considering looking for a new job because of this, I'm so over it.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • jhems776jhems776 member
    edited October 2015
    So my In-laws stayed with us in our 1 bedroom apartment for four days.  They are early 60s, FIL has some health issues, and not a lot of extra money lying around.  So H and I slept on our couch and I am so f'ing glad to sleep in my own bed last night.  It isn't that I hate my in-laws but we don't click and they are socially not right (super awkward).  Every time I ask what MIL wants to do "Whatever you want" but FIL has health restrictions and cannot walk around for more than an hour or two tops and takes naps.  I then try to explain this and then give options and still "Whatever you want to do"  @-)   We went and walked around Alexandria and after asking if they wanted lunch with no response I made the call and we stopped.  She then said oh how glad she was to stop because her feet hurt and she is thirsty.  AHHHH I cannot win, like you are an adult, if you have a concern say it!!!!  As much as I am sad to not live in our hometown this is one of the giant pluses.  

Edit to add

I need to add that we paid for every meal, they are not poor, but not well off either just like how DH and I are now.  Until H got his new job this summer we were on the broker side (grade school and then his not well paying post doc) and I don't mind picking this and that up but EVERY meal????  My parents do pretty well (not European vacations well but well enough) and pay for most of the meals when we go out which is not expected but very appreciated.  I was just not ready to pay that much for all the meals.  At least she wrote us a check for the airfare that we booked for her and paid for it with no promises of paying back.  One day I would love to pay for all this stuff but today's paycheck makes it not so.   His parents make me really really really appreciate mine......
  • My office is so cold. I have my mini desk heater going but my fingertips are still cold and my toes are cold.  It makes for a long day :((
    My office is cold too, ugh. My hands and feet are freezing and there's only so much hot coffee and tea I can drink in a day.
  • I am meticulous about keeping our kitchen clean and tidy and my H is as well, but somehow we have gotten infested with fruit flies. They are pretty harmless but SO ANNOYING and I cannot get rid of them.  
  • I got out of my cd1 depression today and went outside to water the mums and leaf blow and the blower died 2/3 of the way to the street. I do not know how to put gas in it so I had to bust out the rake :(
    (It's A LOT of leaves!)
  • I am meticulous about keeping our kitchen clean and tidy and my H is as well, but somehow we have gotten infested with fruit flies. They are pretty harmless but SO ANNOYING and I cannot get rid of them.  
    This happened to me last year! I'm OCD about the kitchen being clean as well but somehow those damn fruit flies still got me :(( So annoying, I feel your pain.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • @jhems776 - My in laws are like that. As a result when they come up, I cook. It's reasonably affordable to cook all the meals at 4-10 dollars per person, compared to going out at $20- $30 per person once you get done with drinks... If and when they come back it might be good to work out a plan, day by day, as to what you'll be doing. Assuming your husband knows his fathers abilities.

@sldp123 - Might be worth having a talk with your boss before you start looking. Perhaps they can hire a temp from an agency. I was in a similar position this time last year, and that was exactly what they did. (she ended up staying on, part time.)

• My Monday morning whine -

I try so hard to make healthy, home cooked meals, and DH keeps coming home with cookies, soda, American cheese, chips... all kinds of junk.

So I end up eating it, because I am lazy, rather than making healthier options. On me as much as him, but I have begged, pleaded, he stop bringing this stuff into the house! Not to mention HE shouldn't be eating it either (according to his dr, not me!) he's gained 30 lbs in the last three years, and his BP has gone up. Staring 40 in the face, he just can't eat what he did at 25...

• @Allisun85 Ha! I feel you on this! My husband is military and when he was deployed last I lost 15 lbs. Since he's been back I've been fighting the Ben & Jerry war daily! I don't have any helpful tips, but if you find any, let me know!
  • We bought Halloween candy early and on sale.... Then we opened a bag. Now we have an empty bag... And snug pants.
  • @furbabymom2007

We've done pretty good on leaving the candy alone. This may be why I bought tootsie pops instead of chocolate though... ;)

• jhems776jhems776 member
    edited October 2015
    @Allisun85 We ate good about of the meals in.  H was supposed to make plans and before they came sounded like he had it, he did not, not even a little.  I should have just kept my mouth shut and let us just sit on the couch with the tv on all weekend.  Last time they came in I did have everything planed out to a t (like to the half hour) and it went pretty good.  This time around my work got crazy and told H to handle it as it was his parents and I planed my mom's trip that was a couple weeks before that.  H would through out some ideas and MIL would just nod her head.  After the second day of mostly just this and walk around where we live I made sure we had a plan for day three.  Since she cannot say it on her own I at least expected her to answer the question are you hungry and do you want to stop?!?!?  Next visit they are staying at a hotel (unless we have a house by then) and will make them nail down plans before they get here.
  • @jhems776 lol, that was exxxactly what happened last time his family came to visit / stay with us.

The week of our wedding.

I put my husband in charge of them, and it was a mess. I planned the meals, he was *supposed* to keep track of them. He misplaced his aunt, and was late to the rehearsal dinner looking for her.

• Just went on FB and one of the kids I used to babysit for is now married; he and his wife posted a pregnancy announcement today. :((

So, I feel old and infertile!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • @andipandi127 Have you tried an apple cider vinegar trap for the fruit flies?

My only bitch is that I don't have enough wine ;)

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• I hate when parents tell me their child didn't receive an assignment or that they know it was turned it in. 

I make sure to give every child whatever paper I'm passing out, and I put them all together when they turn them in. I'm not saying it's not possible because I'm human and I make mistakes too. But I didn't lose every assignment she turned in and nobody else's, and I didn't skip over him every time I passed out paper! Your child will learn to be responsible one way or the other...
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• KASG said:

I hate when parents tell me their child didn't receive an assignment or that they know it was turned it in. 

I make sure to give every child whatever paper I'm passing out, and I put them all together when they turn them in. I'm not saying it's not possible because I'm human and I make mistakes too. But I didn't lose every assignment she turned in and nobody else's, and I didn't skip over him every time I passed out paper! Your child will learn to be responsible one way or the other...
    I was just talking to a teacher friend about this the other day, it's terrifying how much parents make excuses for their children these days when it comes to school! They are setting them up to fail later in life! I can't imagine being a teacher it must be so frustrating!! I would not deal well with these types of parents lol
  • Story of my life with the teacher business posted about (I could rant on a couple other things in that regard too, but I won't!).

Also: Ovulation? Where are you? Cycle day 28 and still no clear sign. Hard to make babies with no O! 

Also also: ditto on the halloween candy and junky eating posts, food is my biggest struggle with getting in shape lately! 
  • I teach 3-4 year olds and it's even more annoying than when I taught second grade. I want to ask them; "what's the possibility your child LOST IT seeing as how they're 3-4 as opposed to me deliberately skipping your child?"
    Obviously 3-4 year olds aren't at the being held responsible age but why would a parent think I deliberately skipped them! Chances are it's on the floor of the bus! Look there
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Fell asleep while having beer at home with DH.

Married for 4 years, TTC for 1.5 years
    Unexplained infertility

History: 
    Hypothyroid, under control
    Low ovarian reserve
    2 IUIs
    IVF #1 no luck
    IVF #2 ongoing