3rd Trimester
Options

Position changes all the time

groovylocksgroovylocks member
edited October 2015 in 3rd Trimester
Sorry but I can't search for a similar thread on my phone that I can tell. I'm 32 weeks today. My girl was head down a week and a half ago and I woke up this morning to feel her hiccups up around my sternum. Now she appears to be lying oblique. I know there are exercises one can do to turn them but is it even something to worry about at 32 weeks?

Re: Position changes all the time

• Options
    From my understanding babies can flip anytime, even right up until birth. I wouldn't worry about trying to move her via exercise or whatnot unless your doctor says you need to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My OB doesn't start considering position until about 36 weeks. Mine is all over and she has yet to be concerned :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks :) I wasn't super worried until my husband started getting worried.
  • Options
    My dr says at 37 weeks they are pretty much set. Anything before that, they still have plenty of room to wiggle around!
  • Options
    From my understanding babies can flip anytime, even right up until birth. I wouldn't worry about trying to move her via exercise or whatnot unless your doctor says you need to.
    Yep. both of mine didn't flip head down (and stay there) until the day before they were born.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thanks. I feel better now. My husband was like "I read that by 30 weeks blah blah..." so I figured it was worth asking.
  • Options
    Mine was head down at 36w, then flipped head up at 37w.  Attempted a version on Friday, but she was uncooperative.  PPs are right, though, there's still time for them to move.  My OB mentioned at the version that she had a patient come in to get an ultrasound the day before a scheduled c-section for a breech baby and the baby had flipped on its own.  I think it depends on your fluid levels, Baby's size, and a number of things.
  • Options
    I think she's turned around again. And she's really low suddenly! Feels like she's hiccuping into my thighs. :D