August 2015 Moms

12 weeks and Teething...

mothernorthmothernorth member
edited October 2015 in August 2015 Moms
Anybody else have early teeth bloomers? DD didn't have a single tooth until she turned a year old, so this is weird for me... poor little fella doesn't have the motor skills to be able to hold a ring up to chew on and "loses" his hands sometimes so we're having issues keeping him appeased. Any advice is super appreciated!

Edited for spelling error.

Re: 12 weeks and Teething...

• My son is also 12 weeks and always has his hands in his mouth and dribbling. You could try bonjela on his gums if you feel he is in pain or baby calpol? Xx

• What makes you think he's teething? Increased drool, chewing on hands and fussiness are all completely normal right now. My older daughter did it too and got her first tooth at 10.5 months. If you see teeth buds then he's teething, otherwise I wouldn't try anything like teething tablets, etc... this young. No point in meds - even homeopathic - if that isn't the issue. Try a frozen wet washcloth or some frozen breastmilk cubes in a mesh feeder if you really think that is it. Otherwise I'd assume a wonder week/growth spurt as 12 weeks is prime time for a huge one of both and soothe normally.
  • Loading the player...
  • What makes you think he's teething? Increased drool, chewing on hands and fussiness are all completely normal right now. My older daughter did it too and got her first tooth at 10.5 months. If you see teeth buds then he's teething, otherwise I wouldn't try anything like teething tablets, etc... this young. No point in meds - even homeopathic - if that isn't the issue. Try a frozen wet washcloth or some frozen breastmilk cubes in a mesh feeder if you really think that is it. Otherwise I'd assume a wonder week/growth spurt as 12 weeks is prime time for a huge one of both and soothe normally.
    My pedi also warned me about this.  I thought DS was teething at 12 weeks because he was drooling so much, seemed a bit fussier and was putting his hands in his mouth.  He didn't get his first tooth until he was 7 months though.  That doesn't mean that it isn't possible, just that there might be some other things going on.  Agree with PP, I would wait until I saw teeth buds until I gave him anything. 
  • We also have early teethers. My twin boys already have two little bumps where their bottom teeth will come in. We had the same issue of them being so young and uncoordinated that most teething solutions wouldn't work for them. We've had luck with these things: https://www.theydontfeedthemselves.com/early-teething-toys-twin-babies/

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!