Baby Names
Options

"K" name for a boy

I will start this off saying that we named our daughter a difficult name. This time around, I'd like an easier name for our son, but one that is still very unique. We would like his name to start with a "k."

So far, we have picked Kirian. What are your thoughts/feelings about this name for a boy? Middle name may be Jay (Kirian Jay).

Thanks ladies!

Re: "K" name for a boy

• Options
    I've never heard Kirian and it's nms, perhaps Killian?
  • Options
    Isn't there a Japanese beer or something that is similar to that? I don't drink beer so I'm not positive, but that was my first thought.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Killian is traditionally spelled Cillian in Irish, but you could spell it phonetically to make life easier for them, I suppose. I've always liked the name Kieran. I have a friend name Kellan which is nice. I've never heard the name Kirian. k is a hard letter for boys names!
  • Options
    I flipped through my baby name book to get some ideas, and the boy section for K seems to be slanted toward Arabic, Irish, Hawaiian, and Japanese names, for what that's worth. Also a lot of options were variation on names that are originally beginning with C. Some things I liked:

Kadar
    Kadeem
    Kade
    Kane
    Kamden
    Kareem
    Karl
    Kay
    Keanu
    Kearney (or Kearn)
    Keaton
    Keene
    Kirby
    Kermit
    Kendall
    Kestrel
    Khalid
    Kincaid
    Kipp
    Klaus
    Konrad
    Kurt

Since you said you prefer unusual names, these are probably not up your alley, but there's also:

Keith
    Kevin
    Kenneth
    Kyle
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kirian is showing up as a rare variant of the anglicized Kieran. I would recommend going with the most common/traditional variation. It makes life a little easier for paperwork and such.
  • Options
    Never heard of kirian

Kieran Jay (what I would go with, it's close to kirian)
    Keegan Jay
    Keenan Jay
    Kellan Jay

Unfortunately most of the K names are actually C names and they've just been changed. If that doesn't bother you than there's these as well

Kolton Jay
    Kameron Jay
    Kristian Jay
    Korbin Jay
  • Options
    I like Kieran. What's your daughter's name?
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    what is your daughters name......that might help us with style and sibset.
  • Options
    A friend's son's mn is Keoni which is the Hawaiian version of John. It means "God is gracious".
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    kh1824 said:
    Isn't there a Japanese beer or something that is similar to that? I don't drink beer so I'm not positive, but that was my first thought.

I like Kieran or Keegan more.
  • Options
    My nephew is a Kade :) 

Keegan
    Keller
    Kellen
    Kason
    Karson

Thats all my brain will let me think. Stupid migraines. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Keller. It's really the only boy name with a K that I like. Or maybe Kip?
  • Options
    I like it. Kellen is nice too.
  • Options
    Konnor, Kolin, Karson, Kade, Kayden
  • Options
    I always see Cade but think Kade is ok. I wouldn't use Killian, because I just wouldn't pick anything starting with Kill, but I really like Kellen. If different but not confusing. I also suggest Kai, but it doesn't really work with Jay.
  • Options
    Kai

It's adorable, simple and unique.
  • Options
    Kyle. Keegan. Kai.