January 2016 Moms
Options

Ta Ta for now!! xx Warning!!

I just wanted to thank all of you lovely ladies for the help and support that you've given on the bump. Also for all of the laughs ;-)!
I have to depart as my lovely baby boy came a lot earlier than expected, at 28 weeks + 3 days, and I'm still in shock!
It all began on tuesday 13th oct when I lost my mucous plug, I went to the hospital to have it checked, the doctor said my cervix looked okay and left it at that. Even though my midwife wanted them to do a test to see if it was likely I would go into preterm labour, they didn't! if they had of done I could have had steroid injections to start preparing Joels lungs on the wednesday :-(.
Then to my horror on friday 16th at 8.20 in the evening, my waters broke, Big Time! I was shocked at how much there was, my husband and I went into panick mode, it was awful! I had no contractions before hand either!
We rushed to hospital, they examined me and determined it was definitely my waters that had broken! I had a steroid injection in my leg, Warning, quite possibly the most awful injection ever!
They said I had to stay the night, as I was having minor contractions, so my husband, parents and parents-in-law went home, at about 11.30pm.
By 12.15am the contractions got really intense, only 3 mins apart so I buzzed the midwife, and all hell broke loose! I was rushed to the delivery suite, the family came back, luckily, didn't want to get through this alone!! I was given a cocktail of drugs to start preparing Joel, bless him! One of the drugs made me feel like I was on fire and my heart was racing at 100miles an hour! I had some paracetamol and codeine, wanted to hold out on any stronger pain relief. I tried gas and air, but I just found it made me feel weird, and was more hassle as the contractions got really intense!
I think I nearly blacked out at one point as I wasn't breathing properly, so definitely practice your breathing techniques ladies!!!!!
And low and behold at 4.33am, on sat 17th October Joel was born, weighing 3lbs 4oz. He is doing well bless him, he'll be in the NNU for the next 8-10 weeks, but then we'll be taking him home. His brain scan was normal, his heart is normal! He's only being slightly assisted with his breathing, and he's tolerating my milk, yey!!
It's going to be an intense couple of months, but we will get through! I hate having to go home and leave my boy, but he's being cared for by an amazing team of people. I can't thank them enough for all of there hard work, and being inspirational people!
I love my boy soooo much, he's amazing! I love his smell and his soft, delicate skin. We get to have skin time, and he lays on my chest under my top, and he's so calm and sleeps the whole time, it's wonderful! He is feisty and has long legs and big feet, and he has all of the nurses running around after him already lol.
I hope this doesn't scare you, but do be prepared for anything, you don't know what's round the corner. I was told at the hospital that only 1-2% of pregnancies end up like mine, they call it PPROM! Typical my pregnancy ended up like this!
I wish all of you lovely ladies the best of luck with the rest of your pregnancies, take it easy, and be kind too yourselves!
I'm going to be super busy from now on, but I'll try to catch up with the bump when I can!
Lots of love to you all xxx

Re: Ta Ta for now!! xx Warning!!

• Options
    So glad to hear that Joel is doing well! Thank you for sharing your story and keep us updated! Congrats mama!
  • Options
    WOW so glad Joel is well! Not the experiences you were expecting, im sure. can't believe as a group we are to this stage! :-O congratulations on your baby boy! Great job mama!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We'll be thinking about you and your little man in the next couple of months! He's going to have quite the story to tell one day!
  • Options
    Congrats on your baby! Wish he could have baked a little longer but for an early emergency delivery that is awesome he is doing so well and that you are doing well!
  • Options
    Congratulations to you and your family on baby Joel! So good to hear he is doing well. Stay strong these next couple months, mama! My thoughts will be with you :)
  • Options
    Wow, congrats!! Sounds like you went through a lot, but I'm glad all is well :) good luck with your sweet little boy!!
  • Options
    Wow what a birth story!! So glad you and baby are ok!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! Sorry for the scary experience but glad your little guy is doing well. Thinking of you as you adjust to the new normal.
  • Options
    Congratulations! My sister had PPROM at 31 weeks with her first almost 8 years ago. She was just standing in her house and her water broke - no signs that it would happen. It was a few weeks before her shower so she was not ready. More than 3 lbs is a great size! I think my niece was that big at 31 weeks. Now she's a super healthy and smart 7 year old.
  • Options
    Prayers for you and baby Joel! So glad he's doing well and I hope these next weeks fly by just for your sanity. Congrats!!

• Options
    Congrats on your baby! Sounds like he is in good hands now, keep up the skin to skin, it's amazing :) you'll get to have him home in no time!
  • Options
    Congratulations! That is wonderful that he's doing so well. You seem strong and positive too. Best wishes to you and your family!
  • Options
    Wow! Congrats on your baby boy! So glad to hear Joel is doing so well! Take care of yourself, Mama!!
  • Options
    Congrats and I am glad Joel is doing well!
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Options
    Congratulations mama! So happy that Joel is doing well. Hopefully we can see a picture in the J16 announcements soon!
  • Options
    So happy you are both doing well. Will be sending positive vibes Mama!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, how crazy!  Congratulations and so happy to hear you and your baby boy are doing well!  
  • Options
    Congrats! Thank you for sharing your story. It's beautiful no matter what!
  • Options
    Congratulations! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So glad that you got the care you needed for you and your boy! Congratulations and glad he is doing well.
  • Options
    Congratulations on baby Joel! That is a great size for 28 weeks!! Happy to hear you are doing ok and baby is thriving. What a surprise though! Best wishes to you and your sweet family :).
  • Options
    Congratulations! I'm so glad Joel is doing so well, best wishes to you and your family. Thank you for sharing your story, I hope we get to see pictures at some point!
  • Options
    Congratulations on baby Joel! I am glad you are both doing well. Prayers that you get to take that sweet boy home as soon as possible!
  • Options
    Congrats! What a story! I hope Joel continues to thrive and can come home soon.

• Options
    Congrats!!! Glad to hear baby Joel is doing well.
  • Options
    Wow, congrats and AWESOME job at keeping your cool! Sounds like you guys are doing great and it's wonderful you were able to come back here and post your story, especially at what must be such a hectic time - now your happy ending can give other women who go into preterm labor some much-needed peace of mind. Hugs to you and Joel!
  • Options
    So glad that you got the care you needed for you and your boy! Congratulations and glad he is doing well.
  • Options
    Congratulations on your baby boy!!
  • Options
    Congratulations to you! I'm so glad everyone is doing well!!! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • Options
    Congratulations! so glad to hear you and baby are doing well!
  • Options
    Congratulations on your lovely baby. Hope he keeps on thriving and can come home soon! 
  • Options
    So glad you are both doing so well! I will avoid specifics, because what happened with my first was quite probably something I should have sued for! Many of us here have spent lots of time in the NICU or "special care". We were 34 weeks, and it took us 3 more to get him home. Obviously we all signed up again, and this too shall pass. Mine is now 5. 43 1/2" and 48 lbs. The pediatrician laughs when calcuating his 95% BMI because the child has the start of a 6 pack! Congrats on your new little fighter!
  • Options
    Congrats and here's to a smooth next couple of months.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mama to one girl: born 12/2009. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! Little Joel just couldn't wait to meet you on the outside!! I am so happy he is doing well and I pray he continues to thrive and grow stronger!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe