TTC after 35

Let's get inspired! anyone...anyone?

Hi ya'll happy Friday! I'm feeling inspired today! Anyone want to create some positive vibes here? 

If you gave yourself a pep talk, as if you were speaking to a beloved friend, what would you say to yourself? What is the thing you need to hear most in your journey today? Sometimes we give our best advice to our loved ones and forget to be loving and kind with ourselves in the same way. Can we turn that love back inward and receive our own support ;)

I've been playing with this idea after some healing work I did with a Mayan Abdominal Therapist (I know some of you ladies do it too.) This whole process can be so stressful and I am working on shifting my perspective into how I can survive however long it takes to get pregnant without serious emotional detriment. It's meant to be fun or silly or whatever you need it to be in this moment. I hope that we can be inspired by each others advice as well. 

If you want to play answer the question below:

What advice/support/loving words would you give yourself about where you are at in your journey right now? 

Re: Let's get inspired! anyone...anyone?

• What advice/support/loving words would you give yourself about where you are at in your journey right now? 

Be in the moment, right here, right now! If intention is the seed, gratitude is the most fertile soil to grow that seed- cultivate a sense of gratitude for the things that feel manageable, for the things you have worked so hard to get to, for what you have in your life right this moment. Never forget that divine grace is always dancing through you, remember to feel it, imagine it and embody it for it is always within you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't consider myself struggling with TTC, but after my divorce a few years ago I told myself a lot to "just keep swimming".....some days I have to do that at work too. I just roll with the punches, sometimes I can't change what happens to me, but I can get through it!
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lickasticklickastick member
    edited October 2015
    @kellymarie8408 I don't think I would be able to live without my kitten! My husband is VERY allergic to cats but we had the opportunity to get a siberian cat and he is FINE with her. As much as I support getting an animal from a shelter it just wasn't in the plan for us...sometimes I try to talk my husband into letting me breed siberian cats. Cat babies??

@carrieandroy I often find great inspiration from music and in the weirdest places (like bubblegum pop songs- katy perry's wide awake has been known to make me cry.) Like Bob Marley says "one good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" 

@pattersRN what an incredible experience to know that strength within, and to cultivate such flexibility. I am such a water person and when I get in the ocean or pool and I am gliding through the water it kind feels like I can handle anything. 

What an incredibly strong group of women we are!
  • I try to remind myself that it's not over yet  as I have a couple more months left to try. If not I remember that God has a plan and while it may not make sense to me now, He has his reasons. 

And if it doesn't happen I told hubby we are getting another puppy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• For me, I just keep praying that I would remember that God's timing is more perfect than my own. And I believe He had the perfect kiddo for us at the perfect time. It's hard to be patient though! Trying to allow this experience to build my faith rather than break it down. But that's hard too sometimes!
  • I remind myself that it is important to stay positive, hopeful and believe that God is in control.  I've been very emotional lately and that makes it hard.  

ME:37 DH:30

MARRIED: 07/19/2010, TTC #1: 07/19/2010

DX: PCOS, First IUI: 10/01/2015, BFN