May 2016 Moms
Options

***Weekly Appointment Thread 10/19-10/25***

Didn't see this done yet so hopefully I'm not stepping on anyone's toes...

Hope everyone has great appointment this week!

How far along are you?

How did your appointment go overall?

Any ultrasound or doppler?

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had?

Re: ***Weekly Appointment Thread 10/19-10/25***

• Options
    How far along are you? 10+3

How did your appointment go overall? I felt like it went pretty well. All the stereotypical pap screening, urine test, blood draw. Nothing out of the ordinary. It was my first appointment so nerves were on edge of course.

Any ultrasound or doppler? Doppler for the heartbeat today. Got to hear the baby at a healthy 173 bpm. :)

Tons, honestly a little overwhelmed. Told me I should wait till second tri for the flu shot, even told me where I can find the preservative free one in the area so that was good. Showed me the online portal they have that has links to a lot of good information and research.
  • Options
    11+3 today

Got to see the little jumping bean! He/she was flailing around in there-- it was nuts to see! Got the go ahead from my doc to spread the good news. I feel like now I can breathe.

Was nervous because I feel great- still tired but ms is gone-- even bloat is somewhat dissipating. Guess what they say about nearing the end of your first trimester is true
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dmsmith211  I just realize I hadn't posted this for this week. No toe stepping at all. Thanks! 
  • Options
    gemini2005gemini2005 member
    edited October 2015
    How far along are you? 9 weeks , 2 days according to my chart (but 9 weeks, 5 days LMP) 

How did your appointment go overall? It went great! 

Any ultrasound or doppler? Yes, she picked up the HB with the Doppler easily and thinks I'm further along but I'm sure about my dates. At least I get a dating ultrasound now ha! 

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? She was very thorough and gave me my testing options since I'm over 35.
  • Options
    Went to the OB Monday, only 8 wks 2 days but saw the little nugget and heartbeat on the ultrasound.

Thought the appointment went great, although it seemed like I was getting checked out too early. (Only 28, not high risk, healthy/active)
    I am going for another ultrasound Friday because they thought I had two sacks. Could be a vanishing twin which I'm totally ok with.

Looking forward to my next appointment Nov 16 :)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8w1d

How did your appointment go overall? Good. This was my first appointment. I was surprised at how many tubes of blood they needed to get. The last tube the blood stopped coming but luckly they didn't have to stick me again.

Any ultrasound or doppler? She tried the doppler but couldn't get a heart beat. There were a couple times when she thought  she might have been picking it up but it is just too early. She found my heart beat and it sounded good though.

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Yes she answered everything. I am going to my PCP until 20 weeks then I will switch to the OB. Part of the reason I picked her as a doctor years ago was because she does do the prenatal appointments as well.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options

Just had my first midwife appointment!

How far along are you? 9 weeks today

How did your appointment go overall? Very well. I got a good feeling from her right away.

Any ultrasound or doppler? Nope, too early. My dating ultrasound is scheduled for Nov 2, about 11 weeks.

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Yes. I was slightly concerned about holidays, whether she takes any when her clients are due, but she told me she never does without me even asking. I'm relieved.

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11w1d

How did your appointment go overall? Not too shabby! Pretty quick and easy.

Any ultrasound or doppler? Doppler :( I was hoping for an ultrasound since I haven't had one since 8 weeks. DH thought baby looked like a chicken wing then so I was hoping to see arms/legs and something that looks like an actual baby this time!

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Only thing is she wrote me a note so I can hopefully get my deposit back for our previously planned trip in late April that we will happily cancel :)
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    9weeks 2 days

How did your appointment go overall?
    Okay I guess.  It was an OB appointment.  Not exactly sure what the doctor did "down there".  He was that fast and had me distracted.  Went over blood test results.  Everything is looking good and normal EXCEPT my A1C is at 11.   Oops!  Got to love PCOS symptom of insulin resistance! Ugh!  Gotta work on getting that down. 

Any ultrasound or doppler?
    Not this time. 

Yup.  Metformin can deplete the folic acid.  So was instructed to double up on my gummy prenatals dosage.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    Ugh! Went in for what we thought was my 12 week appointment, and was told that due to the ultrasound at "8 weeks 4 days" measuring the baby at "6 weeks 3 days" I am only 10 weeks so I have to come back in two weeks. We saw a strong heartbeat at this ultrasound with an abdominal ultrasound, the tech didn't even have to try a vaginal ultrasound so we thought for sure we were right on target at 8 weeks then! So so sad that I'm only 10 weeks instead of 12 weeks, and to boot, you'd think they'd call me and let me know instead of letting me wait 4 weeks thinking I'm two weeks further than I actually am! Ob used a Doppler but didn't try too hard and said "well, there's an excuse for another ultrasound!" So ultrasound on Tuesday, 12 week appt and NT scan in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    edited October 2015

Can I be totally TMI for a minute? I have so much discharge its crazy. Its actually the ONLY symptom I have had all week, and the only reason I am not totally panicking that something is wrong.

Sorry, I thought this was the weekly symptom thread!! Sorry to thread jack!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    How far along are you?  12 weeks+ 1 day

How did your appointment go overall? Not the greatest. I'm super scared of needles, so it took twice as long as it should have to get my flu shot.

Any ultrasound or doppler?  Doppler, heartbeat was 140 bpm. Next appt we get to see baby on ultrasound again

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Yes, they had told me last time since my gummy prenatals don't have iron that I need iron. So I was trying to eat more red meat, but it was kinda expensive. So then I looked for a chewable/gummy iron supplement and found 2, but they had other vitamins in it and I didn't want to have too much of some vitamins. So I asked the doctor what to do. She told me 2 flintstone vitamin chewables (that have iron). I'm going to supplement it with the flintstones DHA also which is only DHA and like 2%vitamin C. 

I also picked to have the VisibiliT genetic test, so I'm getting that lovely blood draw Monday. I'm scared of more needles, but my 1st blood draw did go ok, so I'm hoping this one does too. I'm also scared of the results. No one in my family has any genetic diseases, but I'm scared we'll be unlucky. At least the accuracy is 99%. 

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016