October 2015 Moms

My 2 week old babies FARTS require a gas mask

I've googled this a few time & although is seems like this isn't a "big deal" but my babies farts stink SSSSSOOOOOO bad! I mean they are on automic bomb status. Her poops don't stink at all. She is a breastfeed baby although she takes more breast milk from the bottle than she does from me because she was born at 37 weeks so her latch isn't as strong but it's getting better. But her GAS has gotten worse. Last night she was up all night & I think it was because she was having a hard time passing gas. So I got her some gas relief. But that hasn't changed the fact that they stink horribly!!! Smh is anyone else having these issues or had them? What helped?!

Re: My 2 week old babies FARTS require a gas mask

• Since she is exclusively breast fed there might be something in your diet that she is reacting to. You can try eliminating the usual suspects (Google breastfeeding elimination diet) and see if that helps.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS2 doesn't seem to be uncomfortable with gas but he farts constantly and it smells awful! He is about 10 weeks and they can still make my eyes water...his poops are even worse.