Baby Names

Girl name poll

hacharleshacharles member
edited October 2015 in Baby Names
Back again searching outside opinions because we have chosen to keep whatever name we decide to ourselves until she is born.

The last time I posted in the name board I received some mixed feelings on Laine because it sounds like a street so just as an fyi, Laine is a compromise of baby girl's grandmothers middle names.

Let me hear your honest opinions ladies. Thanks!

Girl name poll 150 votes

Autumn Laine
62% 94 votes
Cadence Autumn
8% 13 votes
Cadence Laine
28% 43 votes

Re: Girl name poll

• I prefer Candace to Cadence but both beat Autumn.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Autumn, but not with Laine. I don't care for Cadence.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Cadence, it's not very common
  • Autumn Laine is just too descriptive and sounds like the name of something like a candle, a scent, a place etc. I vote cadence by default.

• Autumn Laine does sound really descriptive, which I don't really like. But I voted for it because I'm not a fan of Cadence

• I love the sound of autumn laine, and also of the image in my mind when I read/say it. Autumn is a name I have not heard in a long time (while I currently know 4 little girls named cadence/kaydence/caydance - 2 with the K spelling).

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • LOVE Autumn but not with laine
  • I grew up near Autumn Lane...  so that's weird for me.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Autumn with lane sounds silly to me.
  • I'm not a huge fan of Autumn, because it aleady has a meaning that's not a person's name, know what I mean?  I guess Cadence is okay but definitely not one I like, and again it is a word that already has a meaning in everyday English.  What about if instead of Laine you did Lanie?  As in what would be a nickname for Elaine.
  • Can you use Elaine as the mn? I think that would sound better with either name.
  • delujm0 said:

Can you use Elaine as the mn? I think that would sound better with either name.

My mothers middle name is Elaine and that was my first choice. However in attempt to include DHs mom (whose middle name is Lynn) I dropped the E.
  • Another option to cover both (if you're interested) is Elin, which is the Swedish version of Helen.
    Anniversary 
  • I like Autumn, but not paired with Laine. I get trying to work in both family names into the middle name, that's tough, but it just makes anything before it sound like a street address. I know that's not what you're going for, but its what I keep hearing when I say either / any / all names in front of Laine.
  • I love the family connection for the middle name Laine, but Autumn Laine is just too much.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I like Autumn Laine (although for a girl I've only ever seen it spelled Layne) Cadence is NMS at all.... It's bad
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Autumn Laine sounds too much like, well, autumn lane. Like "winter wonderland". No thanks. Plus seasonal names sound strippery to me. Go with Cadence Laine. My love of music compels me to approve of cadence even though it's nms.