May 2016 Moms

SO's breath

I can't stand my BF's breath right now. In the morning it reeks of coffee, at night it smells like old beer. Gotta love that enhanced sense of smell!

I love the guy, but if he tries to kiss me again I might start crying.

Anyone else getting queasy over this?

Re: SO's breath

• I can't relate personally, but my cousin told me that when she was pregnant her husband reeked of onions and could not stand to be around him.
  • Oh Lawd YES!!!!! yes yes yes a thousand yeses!!!!!

My hubby's is mostly at night when he is asleep and on his side facing me and he is snoring. It is horrendous! One time he burped in his sleep and blew the bad burp breath in my direction and I smacked him hard with my teddybear lol (Hello my name is nerdymama15 and I am an adult and still have security "blanket" issues lol I jest! Sorry, I have an unusual sense of humor). I know I could just roll over on the other side, but when I am on that side facing him it is b/c it has gotten uncomfortable on the other side.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Loading the player...
  • I am soooooo glad we don't drink coffee or beer! haha DH's breath is bad enough without those things! I tell him to not exhale out of his nose when he kisses me...ridiculous, I know. Can't wait for the super-nose to go away!
  • Not the breath, but his general muskiness is making my stomach turn. He works very hard and sweats a lot at work. So, when he gets home, he smells of old sweat. As weird as it sounds, I used to like it, but now he can't get near me until he showers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh yes, it's killing me. Mine is the exact same, coffee in the AM, beer in the PM
  • Yes! This is a discussion my husband and I have on the daily. This morning it was peanut butter, tomorrow it will be something else but he just knows he has to brush his teeth before he gets any serious kisses from me ;)

• DH's breath always smells like Mountain Dew, and not in a good way! He also tries to get close to my face with his morning breath. Back off dude!
  • Thankfully I haven't had that issue with DH yet. I do have an issue with how I smell when I am done a the gym though. Ugh. I feel like I smell SO BAD I don't even want to be near myself. Sorry ladies, I know that's gross.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Haha! Yes!!! My fiance's breath doesn't usually smell but with my enhanced sniffer I nearly threw up on him this morning. He also farted in his sleep and I nearly died it was so bad. I just don't know how to tell him.
  • I haven't noticed it more than usual on my husband...but he drives me nuts at night with his obnoxiously loud breathing and snoring. If only he could understand how annoying it is! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I finally let DH have me the other night after refusing him so many times and telling him to wait until October 30 (2nd tri). God love him, he wasn't prepared and was afraid I'd take it back so he jumped at the chance and his breath was ripe. I was thisclose to calling it off.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Yes yes yes! My husband rarely has bad breath but good gosh it's horrible!
  • edited September 2015
    I saw this title and it cracked me up so much!  But yes.  I don't know why but everything in life just doesn't quite smell right this pregnancy.
  • this is exactly what I hate about kissing DH right now .. I wake up in the middle of the night with him breathing his breath in my direction and it never bothered me before but it does now... I make him eat mints while awake and wish that he rolls over during the night (he just laughs at me I'm sure he thinks I'm a crazy woman :P )
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• SpylonSpylon member
    edited September 2015

Its not my husbands breath...its he feet. I gag every time he takes his damn shoes off. His birthday is Friday and hes getting new shoes

Yep.. his breath is only an issue at night, so I can never sleep facing him. But his feet! Oh dear lord. When he came home from work last night I told him right away that he had to shower. Ugh.

Edit because my comment didn't post.

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018
  • Not breath related at all, but is smell related! I've noticed my DH seems to smell way better than normal. I don't know if he switched deodorant scents or what but OMG I almost jumped him in the car last night. :x

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • You poor ladies! DH's breathe hasn't been that bad but he likes to use fragrant lotions and hair products and the smell of them turns my stomach.
  • On a side note my DD just walked up to me with a very full and stinky diaper. My god, the aroma.
  • Omg! I just read thru the whole convo! I'm so sorry for you ladies but I can't stop laughing
  • Omg I was feeling so mean, but after a couple beers its like more than the breath, just an overall body scent, oh boy! And his cologne, oh the cologne!!!
    Married since 7.21.12 

BFP #1: 8.26.15 

EDD: 5.4.16 

• These comments had me crying I was laughing so hard! I can relate and I'm glad I'm not the only one!
  • My SO smokes outside, and even though I used to smoke, the smell of the smoke on his breath is horrible. Usually makes me gag. He usually brushes his teeth after smoking now xD
  • My husband is on this diet that makes his breath smell sweet and fruity...I CANNOT stand it. It's starting to offend him that I barely kiss him and turn away so he's not breathing on me. It churns my stomach if I even catch a whif of it. I feel bad for him :( I think he's feeling a bit unloved
  • Haha!! I am laughing so hard at all this comments I think I just cried a little and maybe peed my pants a little too!!
  • I'm definitely noticing a stronger sense of smell. When my DH are a burger with onions, I made him brush his teeth before he got near me.

I also notice his BO more, but for some reason, I kind of like it. Pheromones, I guess?
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I'm 12w tomorrow and I feel like my sense of smell has gotten even more crazy powerful! I thought it was already strong! I make a pillow fort between my head and DHs when we're sleeping just to block his nasty mouth breathing...
  • Omg I thought it was just me, the last week it's been so bad I can barely be near him let alone enjoy kissing him. I've never had a problem thinking his breath smelled bad in the past. I cant bring myself to say something to him about it though
  • edited October 2015
    Beautifulchaos77
    Mine farted too! I haven't said anything for fear he will tell me all the weird sounds and farting I'm sure I'm doing. (I've been super gassy for 2 weeks now). I apologize every burp because I'm just not the "belchy let em rip" type.
  • Omg I thought I was being a nit picky witchy pregnant woman, so happy to know I'm not alone! I can't stand his wine and scotch breath. I never noticed that his feet smell either, but now, I almost gag and asked him to start doing the laundry. I. Just. Can't.