Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

D&C after a miscarriage

aleinialeini member
edited October 2015 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
I had my first IVF everything was going well but now I'm heartbroken I'm 8+4 weeks but yesterday we couldn't hear the heartbeat, baby stop growing. Now I need a D&C and I'm really scared. Sorry for my bad english

Re: D&C after a miscarriage

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear this. I lost my baby a month ago at 10 weeks and had a curette because his heart had stopped beating too. It's a quick procedure, you will be ok. It's the toughest thing I've been through, but it's getting easier. Good luck xx
  • Options
    Assuming they put you under, the procedure itself should be cake. I only had pain the day of, and the nice prescription meds handled it. The emotional side is much worse. I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I suffered a miscarriage in August at 12 weeks and had to get a D&C as well.

The procedure itself was actually fairly painless because I was under anesthesia, and was only about a 20 minutes. I had some cramping that day and the following, but was back to normal quickly.

Good luck <3
  • Options
    Thank you girls im so sorry for you too :( this is to much the d&c was on the 16 and it was our 5th anniversary it was really sad..

Now I'm doing really well after the d&c I don't feel pain but I'm still bleeding a little.. I'll be ok soon I think.. Thanks for your support!
  • Options
    Hey ladies. Looking for a little reassurance. I've miscarried before but I had my first D&C last Tuesday and this has been a whole different experience.

My procedure went fine and I've been doing alright since then. I was uncomfortable for days, but I had zero bleeding afterwards. But yesterday I woke up in quite a bit of blood. And again today.

They told me I might bleed off and on for a couple weeks, but is it normal to not bleed at all for almost a week and then to begin bleeding???

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    Sorry to read that :( , well idk I start bleeding as soon as I wake up from the anesthesia it's been 6 days and Now I'm spotting, I think you should call for Doctor, but don't worry it should be normal
  • Options
    @krzyriver  I think many things are normal...everyone's body is different.  The only thing they worry about is too much blood loss.  I spotted for about 3-4 days and then it go super heavy and full of clots for about 6 days.  After that my HPTs were negative too.  I ovulated about 3 weeks after my procedure.
  • Options
    Ive had 2:( maybe on my 3rd now. Thinking i may pass on my own this time. The d&c was no biggie. I get why it seem scary but i do not regret both. I dont remember a thing:) im afraid passing on own and it could be weeks! Last time i wanted to pass on own but it took 8 weeks after i found out and it still didnt pass! I was over waiting for it. D&c is costly but its quick, painless, and you dont have to wait around for when it may happen again. Getting blood work done to see if i have any clotting disorders