June 2016 Moms

Ultrasound Thread!

Hey Ladies!

I was over on the May group and noticed that they had a thread going for ultrasound pictures. I know I've seen a few different threads with ultrasound pictures but I thought it might be good to have one condensed thread to update and share! (If we already have one please let me know!)

So post away! Don't forget to edit out any identifying information for the crazies out there.

I just had my second scan today at 8weeks3days and its crazy how the little dot turned into a little blob!

Re: Ultrasound Thread!

• My little bean at 6w1d with a flickering heart. It's tiny, looking forward to the next one next week at almost 8 weeks :)
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Here is our little nugget.  I was supposed to be 8 weeks today but I knew I would measure behind (long cycles and I ovulated late) so baby is measuring around 7 weeks and 2 days.

• Here's the little one! 7w5d 150hr, got to see the flickering little heart! Fell in love immediately...
  • Our little adorable raspberry at 6 weeks and 4 days.
    Quite excited!!  
  • From when we were in the er Tuesday. I was 7w6d according to my last period. Baby p 2.0 was measuring 6w1d and had a 108 hr. We go for my first real appt next friday at 9w2d
  • @nthurs10 you might want to repost your picture cropped. There are some creeper peepers out there and you don't want them to grab any personal info from your ultrasound.
  • Thank you! I tried immediately after posting and couldn't figure it out on the mobile app! :( fixed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't get my first one until 10 weeks :( but I enjoy seeing all of these so I can guess what mine looks like about now
  • Great idea!!

5+6 days! Can't wait for my next scan this Friday at 7wks!!

• I'm loving seeing all these! My first us is next Monday at 7w1d it's amazing how far away that seams! I'm dying to know everything is going well with baby!
  • I'm getting an ultrasound tomorrow (7w3d). Have people been getting abdominal or internal? Or both?
  • I'm getting an ultrasound tomorrow (7w3d). Have people been getting abdominal or internal? Or both?

Mine was internal and it gave us such a good view of the baby AND we got to hear the heartbeat! I also had to provide a urine sample beforehand so it was nice that I didn't have to sit through that with a full bladder.

She also checked out my ovaries and tubes just to make sure all looked well.
  • Had my US today! Based on LMP I was due 7/3 but they moved me back to 7/14! (I knew I ovulated late so this wasn't a huge surprise) but it's very weird going from 8w-3d to 6w-6d. Glad to be back to a Tuesday ticker change like I was with DS!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mrsschmitymrsschmity member
    edited October 2015
    Can I ask a dumb question? How are all of you getting an US so early? Is it due to previous MC, high risk, after IUI or IVF, etc?

My next appt is November 16th - I'll be almost 11 weeks then and don't even know if I'll get an US at that one. I wanna see!

*Edit for formatting
  • WSU2015WSU2015 member
    edited October 2015
    I have my first us scheduled for this Thursday the 29th and I have my OB appointment the next day. When I called to make my appt I told the receptionist I would like to have an us done if at all possible. She told me she would ask the nurse who would ask my doctor. The receptionist called back a couple days later and went ahead scheduled my us. I'm a second time mom, not high risk, no previous mc. I just asked for one and they said yes. I will be 7w 4d at my us.
  • Can I ask a dumb question? How are all of you getting an US so early? Is it due to previous MC, high risk, after IUI or IVF, etc?

My next appt is November 16th - I'll be almost 11 weeks then and don't even know if I'll get an US at that one. I wanna see!

*Edit for formatting

It really just depends on your Ob office. My last pregnancy, my first was the NT scan at 12 weeks. This time, they said they said their policy changed and are doing dating ultrasounds no matter what. Some do it, some don't.
  • Mr0616Mr0616 member
    edited October 2015
    @mrsschmity I wasn't expecting one!  I asked beforehand what was involved and they said just general overview and confirmation.  Then they would schedule my first ob after that. Well, after waiting for 2 hours (no joke) they said it is taking forever because they only had one machine.   Dumb me asked what they needed a machine for.  Didn't mind waiting two hours then, and DH was there bc can't drive and had a flat tire.   Hope you get to see your little one at your appointment.   I think it really just depends on the doctor. We could not find heartbeat without going internal - so hopefully you get to be spared that.  DH was getting a kick out of that. 
  • In my case, I had a previous mmc and had some spotting this time around so they brought me in early.

Last time they didn't see the OB until est. 8weeks (I was 7w1d).
    This time I saw the HB at 6w1d. It was nice to get an u/s earlier, but would have rather not ever been in the mc bucket...
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• @mrsschmity my doctor does a dating u/s at 7-9 weeks but skips the 12 week nuchal translucency u/s unless you're high risk. Some doctors prefer to do it for everyone and bump the dating u/s back to be at the same time, its just different offices with different policies and standard procedures.
  • 6w2d... Saw the flickering heartbeat! I feel so relieved! It's funny... Baby measures about 2-3 days small and MD told me not to freak out.

The benefits of temping- I KNOW that I ovulated on CD 17 and not CD 14 so baby is actually right on target! MD thought that was pretty cool too.

@mrsschmity they did a transvaginal today to confirm pregnancy (not high risk)... Next one will be at 10 weeks. Didn't get a blood test, just an ultrasound. Not sure why my MD does this- but it sure made me happy!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • talucetaluce member
    edited October 2015
    First US today at 7 weeks 1 day!! Here's our little pea pod. we heard the heart beat too which was crazy!!
  • Can I ask a dumb question? How are all of you getting an US so early? Is it due to previous MC, high risk, after IUI or IVF, etc?

*Edit for formatting

I think it just depends on the Doctor. This is just when my doctor wanted me to go. It's nice to go early but you run the risk of it being too early and needing to go back. I'll only have one other US around 20 weeks for the anatomy scan.
  • @mrsschmity my drs office doesn't do any ultrasounds until 18 weeks for the anatomy scan.
    I've had three (Im 8+3) due to constant bleeding and cramping. My dr only does them before 18 weeks if there's a problem.
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • arteduc8arteduc8 member
    edited October 2015
    I had my first US tonight at 6W5D. I'm high risk which is why I got in early. Did an external and internal US and baby looks great! Saw the heart beat and the bpm was 126. So surreal! Such a cute little jellybean!

Edit: Forgot my due date. June 15th, exactly as I thought per my opk and temp chart.
  • Had my second U/S today.  I thought I was 7 weeks 4 days due to an FET calculator, but doctor has me at 6 weeks 1 day.  A bit confused, but I saw the fetal pole and heartbeat today, so I'm not complaining!

Married: 7/4/2010  Me: 39 DH: 45
    MC: November 2011
    Failed IVF: November 2014
    FET:  9/23/2015 and now pregnant!

• I love seeing all of these ultrasounds!!  My first appointment isn't until December 10th...I dont know how I am going to wait so long.  It isn't even for sure if we will get an ultrasound then.  FXd little bean is doing well in there.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My first ultrasound is next Wednesday at 10 weeks but I think I ovulated a few days late. I'm really terrified of seeing no heartbeat :(
  • Had an ultrasound today! Finally have a due date. 6-14-16. Both of my other babies were born on the 13th of the month. Wouldn't it be crazy if we went 3 for 3?

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Had an ultrasound today! Finally have a due date. 6-14-16. Both of my other babies were born on the 13th of the month. Wouldn't it be crazy if we went 3 for 3?

Due date buddies! I think 3 on the 13th would be awesome!
  • FTM...and first u/s tomorrow at 7w1d, based off LMP. I have Hashimoto Thyroiditis and my TSH had to be adjusted due to it being at 4.15. However, no results were ever added to MyChart or discussed with me in regards to hcg or progesterone level. Is anyone else getting the first u/s before conformation of hormone levels being in normal range?
  • Had an ultrasound today after a spotting scare this weeked. Doctor said everything looks good. I am 6 weeks 5 days according to my lmp and I am measured at 6+2. This will be our rainbow baby.,