June 2016 Moms

Pregnancy Brain, aka the cute name for dumb stuff you've done this week

I have some out of control blump, and TBH, hair ties are cutting it until about 4 pm. As soon as I walk in the door, I have to fully unzip. So I thought I would put my big girl pant(ie)s on and buy some maternity pants with the discreet stretchy side panels. I ordered, I was tracking them, they were delivered Wednesday. Sweet! But I got home, no package. Checked again. It still said "delivered" (don't know what I expected). 

The next day, still no package (still clueless), so I looked again. I HAD THEM DELIVERED TO MY OLD ADDRESS. I literally typed in the wrong address. I could be sitting here in maternity jean glory, but instead, I had a fart in my brain due to pregnancy, resulting in pregnancy discomfort. Way to go there, grown woman. I guess I'll have to show up at my old house and ask for them? I did ask my old neighbor to go steal them off the porch if possible. :)

Please reassure me that I am not alone in the doing dumb stuff thing and tell me what boneheaded things you've done this week. And let's blame all of them on hormones!

TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

Re: Pregnancy Brain, aka the cute name for dumb stuff you've done this week

• Wednesday morning I was going to buy a chocolate milk before work and realized i went in the store without my debit card. Went to the card and couldnt find it in my purse so i went on to work. When I picked up my purse at the office, my debit card was right underneath it. No idea how I missed it. Then I had to go something for work using my bosses credit cart. One the way I stopped again to satisfy my craving for chocolate milk. At the checkout I realized my bosses card wasn't in my pocket anymore. I freaked out and looked around and couldn't find in the store anywhere. I looked through the parking lot and the car and it was nowhere to be found. I went back to the office and looked through the parking lot and through the entire office, then enlisted my friend to help me and she couldn't find it either. One more trip back to the store and this time the ladies that worked there helped me. Couldnt find it and finally went back to the office and let the cat out of the bag that I had lost it.Turned out it fell out of my pocket before I left and my boss had it the entire time.
  • I've done that before none pregnant. I had a gift that I needed that night delivered to the apartment complex I lived at before I got married. I had to sit there and wait for the mailman to come by and open the mailbox so he could take it out for me. The apartment complex wasn't allowed to touch the tenants mail. It was a long day.
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Put sour cream in the cupboard and chips in the fridge. Took me two days to even notice.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I used my husband's toothbrush the other day... Didn't realize it until I looked in the mirror and realized it was a different color.
  • What is it with pregnancy and putting food in the fridge that clearly doesn't belong there? I've been doing that too. My favorite was taco shells in the freezer because that clearly makes so much sense.
  • Went shopping. While unpacking noticed i brought 2 things parmesan cheese and 2 shampoo instead of one conditioner. I don't think i should go shopping anymore

Come on Sticky baby!!
    EDD 6/30/2016
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD: 2/26/11  BORN: 2/15/2011

EDD: 2/23/2014  M/C 6/18/2013
    EDD 6/25/2014  M/C 11/8/2013
    M/C 4/20/2014
    M/C 6/22/2014

Our Z
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Check out my Blog:
    http://gomommy-meandmyboys.blogspot.com/

• I tried to unlock the door to my floor at work with my car keys. Twice.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I tried to unlock the door to my floor at work with my car keys. Twice.

I read this as "I tried to unlock the floor at work...."

I think that counts as baby brain.
  • Put sour cream in the cupboard and chips in the fridge. Took me two days to even notice.

Not the sour cream!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yesterday morning I tried brewing my coffee but completely forgot the filter.

That was a not so fun mess.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Not the sour cream!!!!
    Yup :-(
    Also made the dumb decision to open it and check..... So stinky, and sooo stupid of me. Needless to say, done with sour cream for a long time!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I got off on the wrong floor in my apartment building and knocked on the door expecting my husband to answer, but it was obviously the wrong apartment. Embarrassing !
  • I was cleaning the house and once I finished I put the Mr.Clean bottle in the fridge. Haha.
    I've also left my keys in my house door numerous times and am constantly driving in the wrong direction to get somewhere. Also I keep trying to lock or unlock my house with the clicker for the car, never seems to work lol!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• alileecamalileecam member
    edited October 2015
    I have another one. I came thisclose to pouring orange juice over a bowl of tortilla chips like it was cereal and milk. This happened about 20 minutes ago, so I can't blame morning grogginess.
    TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

• agillespie15agillespie15 member
    edited November 2015
    Yesterday, I threw my wedding ring in the bathroom trash at work when I went to wash my hands! I realized I didn't have it on and I started to panic and I couldn't find it anywhere. I had just thrown a bag of trash in the dumpster, so I even went and dug in the dumpster. Finally I got smart and went to the bathroom and looked in the bathroom trash and it was in the very bottom. Stupid Pregnancy brain. Geez.
  • The other day I was leaving the house. I put my shoes on walked outside and left then realized I put on my black flats with white socks :( luckily we were just going to my parents house but still very embarrassing! They all thought it was hilarious
  • Went to park at the airport short term parking lot. Instead of stopping at the barrier and getting a ticket, I drove straight through following the person in front of me. The barrier almost crashed down on my car and I had to spend 10 minutes holding everyone else up at the exit gate to fill out a "lost ticket" form.
  • I put mym yoga pants on backwards the other day. Didn't even realize until I pulled them down to go to the bathroom and the tag was in front. :-S
  • I used my conditioner first then my shampoo yesterday. :/
  • I just stormed into my colleagues office asking why he took the training manual from my desk when I have a call on it in 20 minutes, he claimed complete innocence and I was like "well it didn't just walk away from my desk on its own and you're the only other person working with it!"... I got back to my desk... it was there, I had just put another notebook on top of it... oops 

TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • I constantly find myself just aimlessly wandering my house. As in, "I know I walked into this room for SOMETHING, but I lost the thought in the 3 seconds it took to get there." I must look like a crazy person... just doing laps in my great room trying to remember WTH I was looking for...
  • I find myself doing that at work - I go to get something then have no idea what it was!

Also, new low yesterday: I dropped my keys down the toilet. Not even sure how that happened!
  • I had found a really delicious sounding recipe for beef stew, had it all cut up and in the crock pot, came home from work 5 hours later, and realized I hadn't even plugged the darn thing in. Needless to say, I then cried as I threw it all down the garbage disposal.
  • This is soooo something I'd do lol
  • I literally just got in my car to go get lunch and drove around the block and came back to work.  Forgot about lunch.  Had to start all over again.  pregnancy brain + sinus cold = crazy stuff 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Me:23  DH:26
    Married: 6/7/14
    DS: 3/19/12
    Baby #2: June 2016
  • I walked into daycare yesterday and almost signed the checkout sheet before I realized it was Tuesday. DHs day off so DD was not at daycare. The front desk lady was so nice. She was just like "it's just habit!" Lol. I didn't even tell DH because I was too embarrassed.
  • There are two ways for me to get home from work. Either i take the left exit or the right exit off the hwy. One way has significant traffic right now due to road work and the other doesnt. Three times this week ive taken the wrong exit and its taken me extra long to get home through traffic. Grrr
  • I work as a cashier at Costco and a member told me he wanted to buy some ice. I then asked him "what flavor".... I ment to ask how many... My coworkers make fun of me daily now.
  • I am loving these stories! I work as a nurse and we get our pills from pharmacy in little packages, when I went to give them to the patient instead of emptying the pack into the med cup I poured them in the patients full water glass. I felt so dumb!