TTC After a Loss
Options

ttc but cycles are not predictable

I am so frustrated with my body right now eeek! So I got off nuvaring at the end of august and my cycle is all over cervical mucus-wise. When I'm supposed to be having dry days, i will have sporadic bouts of ew mucus or sticky mucus. On my fertile or possibly fertile days, or what are supposed to be, i will have dry or sticky mucus. I never know what is going to be 'going on down there' basically so on all the days I have 'fertile mucus' (which seems to be more than normal), we TTC those days.

And I know people have said read fertility books or that 'take charge of your fertility book' but i seriously do not have any time...i'm a full time student and i feel like if i add one more book to the ones i'm already having to read, i'm going to pull my hair out (haha sorry). Plus i won't have any energy to actually make a baby after all my studying...:P I should also mention i used to temp but i noticed my temp would be effected a lot by if i was cold (thank you to my husband who can be a cover stealer ha) or if i was too warm. How can i get an accurate reading to tell me what my body is doing if it's always fluctuating because of these factors?

Any thoughts of what i should do to know when i'm actually ovulating??? I know it can take your body a while to recover from birth control so this could be partially why my cycles are so messed up, but also i think miscarrying this past spring has done some things to mess up my cycles too. Also, my cycle lengths now vary ever since my miscarriage and getting off birth control...can range anywhere from 28-35 days...

If you have no advice, encouragement is always good too! I just seriously am unsure how to read my body at this point lol
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: ttc but cycles are not predictable

• Options
    I'm sort your cycle is being so frustrating - I feel you.

Are you using any apps to keep track of your cycle? I really like fertility friend because it adjusts its predictions after every cycle to account for irregular cycles. If you aren't using it yet, I would highly recommend taking a few minutes to atleast enter any cycle start dates you have recorded and see what it predicts for your next cycle. The app isn't as pretty as others but I think it has the best functionality - atleast for me.

I also don't temp because I found that I would wake up every 2 hours or so and at that point it's not accurate so I gave up. I just go by my cm and cervical position.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    nice to know i'm not alone! I will give that app a try :D and funny cause i get up too in the night as well, usually to use the bathroom or go comfort my toddler! It's hard to temp when you've can't fall asleep or have sleep disturbances!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also if you use opk kit then you'll know around when you ovulate even if your cycles are irregular
  • Options
    When I started TTC, my sister told me to just look for CM, and I couldn't figure out when I ovulated either.  I used the Clearblue Advanced opks the next month and got pregnant.  Opks are good for warning you about ovulation coming, and temping is good for confirming that it happened. So you can skip the temping and still do well.  (Although I love my charts.) 

You can also just have sex every other day for a week, starting on the 10th day of your cycle.  (Day 1 is the day you get your period.)  That was the advice my doctor gave me.  I ovulate on CD10 sometimes, though, so the opks and charting helped me find that out and adjust accordingly.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    Agree with PP. I can't tell anything with CM mine is all over the place. I am temping the first time this cycle and planning to use OPKs too.