Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Tiny Victories

kjgalarzakjgalarza member
edited October 2015 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Today, I finally stopped bleeding from my miscarriage. Not one drop. It's tiny victories such as these that give me strength and comfort in knowing I am one step closer to being able to try again and in turn, one step closer to my rainbow baby. :)

*edited because autocorrect hates me

Re: Tiny Victories

• Options
    I agree!  It is truly a roller coaster...we pray for a BFP, we pray for temp rises, we pray for no AF, we pray for BFNs, we pray for temp drops, we pray for AF to hurry up......really?! I am 3 weeks post D&C and 5 weeks since we found out about our MMC.  I have to say I still have tears some days.

My tiny victories have been a successful D&C, a quickly declining HCG, and possible ovulation Friday...still waiting to see my temps over the next few days.

Sadly, but you will find peace knowing you are not alone and from what it seems *most* of us go on to have healthy pregnancies and babies
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss! I didn't have to have a D&C and can't imagine how hard that must be. I was able to see and hold my little baby because I passed it at home so I buried him (I just felt like it was a boy) and planted flowers over him. It was nice to get that closure but the entire miscarriage process was awful. It started on a Friday and the er doc told me baby and I were absolutely fine. He didn't mention he didn't see a baby or a heartbeat. It wasn't until Monday when the ob told me there was too much bleeding and I probably miscarried. Later that day she called me saying my levels had doubled since Friday and that baby was probably fine. Then before my second u/s and blood draw that following Wednesday I passed the baby and got it confirmed and levels successfully dropped. Honestly I'm just glad the whole thing is over with. Now I just need people to stop telling me "you still have plenty of time" because I'm young and "well at least you know you're fertile now!"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Small wins. I also am finally done bleeding. And I found out today my factor 5 was negative. So while that makes me feel better or just raises more questions.
    I also made it through a whole day of work without crying. Congrats on your small wins. You are not alone :)
  • Options
    Confirming o from Friday! Yippee...Should have a period by the end of October. We are happy to be able to trt again soon.
  • Options
    AF arrived exactly one month after my D&C! So thankful my body is regulating back to normal. Excited to start trying to conceive!

Hope all of you are doing well and wish you all the best!
  • Options
    I stopped bleeding 2 days ago, after 4 weeks of bleeding.  It feels so strange and so wonderful.
  • Options
    I started spotting today and my temps have dropped post ovulation 9 days ago.....hoping AF comes in the next three days!!!  Then we will be back to TTC and I can't wait!
  • Options
    Negative HPT today.  Hoping my betas on Friday are negative....
  • Options
    @kjgalarza
    I agree with you on when everyone is saying we have plenty of time cause we're still young. I hate that, we may be young but that doesn't have an effect in our connection with our baby and only naturally wanting to expierence that again full term and get to hold our bundle of joy. Some people just don't understand :(
  • Options
    I have gotten the you're still young thing too...a bit annoying.  Plus I am 27, which I don't consider super young, but actually prime baby making time :)
  • Options
    HCG was negative today! Never thought I would be so excited about that :/
  • Options
    I had a similar experience and am so sorry you've also gone through such a roller coaster. At first my hcg was slow to rise but going up. They said it probably wasn't a viable pregnancy. Then it was increasing normally and they said baby and I would be fine. Then I started bleeding, and ultrasound was inconclusive and hcg was rising slowly again. But Morning sickness and breast tenderness increased. We went back and forth for 3 weeks. I let my hopes get up then came to terms with losing my baby over and over. It all felt sort of surreal. It still does. I passed my little girl at home alone the night before my ob appointment. It's been 7 weeks now and I finally got a negative hcg test. I can start to try again. This is my closure. But it's so hard to see it as the end if this pregnancy and hopefully the start to another one.