1st Trimester

Pink & Blue DNA/Gender Test

Has anyone used the Pink & Blue DNA /Gender test and received accurate results I'm thinking of purchasing the test but I don't want to waiste $200+ bucks and not get the correct results anyways ladies let me hear your stories on this product

Re: Pink & Blue DNA/Gender Test

• Please don't waste the money. Just think of how many diapers that will buy you!
    Just have a little patience and hope your anatomy scan shows a healthy little one who cooperates.
  • Loading the player...
  • Does your doctor not offer this service?
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Does your doctor not offer this service?
    ^^this

There are many test options available with 99% efficacy to test for chromosomal anomalies and, as a side effect, see the sex chromosomes.  The blood is extracted by a professional so you don't have the contamination issues referenced in the reviews of this product.  
  • I never understand these posts.  Are you planning to terminate the pregnancy if you don't get the sex you want?  I assume not.  So why not exercise some patience and wait on the anatomy scan or the birth?  It's really only a few weeks, it's not that big of a deal.  There is no reason that you need to know this information RIGHT NOW.  Save the money for baby clothes and diapers.

And I agree...the chromosomal tests offered by your OB are first and foremost to check for abnormalities.  Some of them will, as a byproduct, tell you the sex as well.  But you really shouldn't do this just to find out the sex, which is ultimately unimportant.  There is already a wait time for results of several weeks...and most of the people waiting on results are high risk for abnormalities and have a serious reason to do this testing.  "OMG I CAN'T WAIT TWO MONTHS FOR MY ANATOMY SCAN" isn't really a serious reason to get this test done.  But if you want to burn some money, I guess go ahead.  At least it will be accurate, unlike the test you're planning to buy right now.

• It would be way less costly to go to an ultrasound boutique and cross your fingers.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Second the ultrasound boutique suggestion. It's less than $200 too.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• So you want to waste $200 on a test that only guesses the sex because you're impatient? Girl, patience is a virtue. Parenthood requires lots of it! Wait for the AS.
  • Second the ultrasound boutique suggestion. It's less than $200 too.

Why a boutique, why expose the child to unnecessary ultrasound/sound waves and typically done with a non professional.... Wait until the 20 week AS... it's called patience.
    This. 100%. Ultrasounds should only be done when medically necessary. Do you really know the effect of constant sound waves over your fetus? I sure don't.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• I've found the Chinese gender predictor on the bump to be pretty accurate. (7 out of 8 correct)
    It's probably about as accurate as those gender predictors and it's free!
  • SteenieM said:

I've found the Chinese gender predictor on the bump to be pretty accurate. (7 out of 8 correct)

Oh yeah, this is definitely way way way more accurate.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SteenieM said:
    I've found the Chinese gender predictor on the bump to be pretty accurate. (7 out of 8 correct) It's probably about as accurate as those gender predictors and it's free!

According to the chinese gender predictor, I should be a boy.  Last I check, not the parts I was born with.  It's 50/50 just like every other prediction method, you just got lucky.  
  • SteenieM said:

I've found the Chinese gender predictor on the bump to be pretty accurate. (7 out of 8 correct)

I don't know. I'm having one of each so I say it's about 50/50, similar to guessing.
  • I wouldn't spend $200 on it!! I got a boy/girl urine test from CVS when pregnant with my son. It was was correctly but I knew it was still just for fun! That cost was like $30-40. In retrospect probably not even worth that! But it was fun
  • The gender chart is b/s . It was right for me but it's 50/50.
  • I don't understand these posts either. I had an anatomy scan the other day and the tech said she could tell us but we declined. I was too worried about the fact that my umbilical cord was missing an artery to care about the sex.

Then again, we don't want to know anyway.  But certainly not bad to spend hundreds of dollars unnecessarily to maybe find out something.
  • edited October 2015
    My doctor is suggesting a Panorama test which gives you results around 11 weeks (usually test at 10 and then a week for results) the purpose of this test is NOT for gender, but if you doctor feels that you are a candidate for that test it still may be an option for you. However as people have said before, the chromosomal tests arent meant for gender it just bounces a gender result because its testing chromosomes.  

Anything besides the chromosomal test or an ultrasound is probably a waste of your time and money. But patience is definitely the best option. I do want to know also because im really into decorating and would like to work on choosing some choices for the babies room. So i understand wanting to know but i think sticking to the necessary testing is the best way.