September 2015 Moms
Options

PLEASE HELP Congested 5 week old!

He's getting over a cold (checked that's all it was with his pedi) and I thought he was doing better (its been 5 days) Well he spit up and started choking last night and now has been gurgling and wheezing only when sleeping on his back. I tried saline mist, aspirator & smsnot sucker, humidifier. What else can I do to remove that congestion!

Re: PLEASE HELP Congested 5 week old!

• Options
    When our guy was congested, we would sit in the bathroom with him with the door shut and shower on hot. The steam helped loosen the mucous and bonus, the shower noise put him to sleep!
  • Options
    I just went to the doctor yesterday my little girl has a cold too, the doctor told us to have her sleep upright. She recommended having her sleep in the car seat, my girl hates the car seat so I just put some extr blankets behind her in her rocker so she was sitting more upright, the difference was AMAZING! She slept all night only woke twice to eat with just a little congestion.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Put some baby Vicks on his feet and cover with socks and on his chest too. A pharmacist said that is supposed to help with congestion.
  • Options
    My DD is just getting over this too. Ditto sitting her in the steamy bathroom and sleeping in the car seat. We did both. I find the Nose Frida way more effective than the bulb at sucking out snot.
  • Options
    Get the graco battery operated boogie sucker. That thing gets out sooo much snot it's disgusting haha!
  • Options
    My little one is 6 weeks old and come down with a cold. I took him to Dr today. So upsetting to see him all congested and sicky. Poor little guy
  • Options
    Which aspirater are you using? I have tried many, and my 5 week old also has a cold. I use saline drops and the nose frida. This one gets out so much more than the one from hospital, or battery powered. The concept is totally gross, but it works!
  • Options
    My lo had congestion at 3 weeks and was spitting up choking vomiting etc. My mom rubbed castor oil on her chest back and forehead and shes been perfect ever since!
  • Options
    All these suggestions plus my pediatrician said to squirt 1 ml of water warm into their throat to help the congestion there