TTC After a Loss
Options

Does hcg have to be 0 to ttc?

I miscarried at 9.5w on 10/4/15. I had a blood test on 10/7/15 and my hcg was 768. Tested again yesterday 10/16/15 and hcg was 32.
I am no longer spotting as of yesterday, my question is can we start ttc again? Or do I keep having to go back for blood tests?
I'd like to assume my hcg will go back to 0 within a couple days.

Any advice is much appreciated
Thank you

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Options
    Your doctor should follow your hcg to zero to be sure there is no remaining tissue and to be sure your body is getting back into its cycle. I was a 7 two weeks post op and then three weeks post op I was a 12. Weird I know...they said a bounce back is possible. I ovulated in between these draws. I am now waiting for another draw Monday and should have my period Wednesday.

You should ask your doctor how many cycles you should wait to try again. Keep in mind your hcg should be low enough for you to ovulate to even try. If you aren't having them checked you might be wasting months trying if your not even ovulating.
  • Options
    @mrsmommya how did you confirm ovulation while you still had hcg in your system?
  • Options
    Did your doctor clear you to TTC? Most doctors want to wait at least 1-2 cycles. Especially at this point along. There are very solid reason to wait at least one bleed.

I'm sorry for your loss & to answer the original ? No, beta doesn't need to be zero but you should follow it down for the retained tissue aspect.