Breastfeeding

Pumping and breastfeeding tips

I stopped breastfeeding when DD was 2 weeks old due to the unbearable pain. I tried breastfeeding again today and to my surprise it was pain free!

Up until today I've been exclusively pumping and would like to continue pumping to build up my freezer stash. Does anyone have any tips and/or helpful advice as far as building my supply and a feeding/pumping schedule? I'm completely new to all of this and would love if someone could share their experience. Thanks!

Re: Pumping and breastfeeding tips

• Nurse on demand. Pump every 2-3 hrs. Sooner if you feel the letdown. Cluster feedings happen. Baby can get out more milk than pump. Nurse then pump after to build up milk stash.
  • Massage your breasts during pumping (that always gets me an extra ounce or two)! I pump one breast at a time and when each has been emptied, I'll pump each one again real quick and get more milk each time. I find my supply increases when I drink a sports drink (Powerade or Gatorade) and take fenugreek supplements. Your morning pump will likely produce the most milk (normal).