March 2015 Moms

Baby Sign Language

Any mums out there start teaching baby sign language? If you have how is it going?? Have you gotten any signs back from lo?

Re: Baby Sign Language

• I've been using eat, more, all done and milk- no signs back yet, but my first used them a lot between 1-2 years before his speech really took off :) it's fun helping them have a way to communicate!
  • We are doing more, milk, all done, eat, please. No signs back yet but it worked well with DS
  • Loading the player...
  • We are doing eat more all done mom dad and dog and love. Tonight we think he did more but just as a copycat not to get more but we made sure to get that food in his mouth quick to reinforce it.
  • I started yesterday with eat and more since we're trying new solids. Nothing yet but the the little guy squeals and bangs his hands on his highchair when I sign "more" haha
  • I've been doing "more" and "all done," and I've done "eat" a little for the last week. My LO gets excited with "more," too, but I can't tell if she's reacting to the spoken word or the sign. I suppose I should be less skeptical... :-/
  • Well today we officially got the "milk" sign back!!! He did it twice so I know it wasn't a fluke lol. He did also do it yesterday but I wasn't sure cause he didn't repeat it. Today though he did it once for me and we got him to show it to daddy too!! I'm so excited and so happy. So exciting lol and he was so thoughtful when he was doing it. Hahahha like he really was focused on what his hand was doing. We cheered and clapped. Lol he loved it