May 2016 Moms

sad news/happy news

While I was getting ready for my first appointment today, I unfortunately found out that my grandfather passed away this morning. I can't tell you how nervous I was going into that appointment thinking that I was going to get more bad news. Luckily, the baby is fine and we got to hear a heartbeat. I'm absolutely heartbroken about my grandfather but am thrilled that the baby is doing well. I also feel guilty not telling him about it because I feel like if I did, he would have lived longer. I don't know how to feel at the moment

Re: sad news/happy news

• Sorry to hear about your grandfather, but happy your LO is safe and sound.
  • I'm so sorry that your grandfather passed away. Please don't blame yourself for not telling him about the baby, there's no way for you to know if it would have impacted anything. I'm glad that your little one is safe and sound.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandpa. They are truly special people. I'm glad LO is doing well. 
  • So sorry to hear about your grandfather. :( I'm happy for your happy news though.

Please don't beat yourself up over the "could've, should've, and would've." There is no way you could have known this was going to happen.

• I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Please don't blame yourself! I hope you can look back on memories with him and remain positive because of your happy news. Thinking of you!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• I am so sorry for the loss of your grandpa. My grandpa died when I was pregnant with my daughter, so I understand the weird combination of emotions. There was nothing you could of done differently, sending thoughts and prayers.
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Sorry for the loss of your grandfather, that's tough. Glad baby is doing well, and I hope you can find some comfort in that. Take all the time you need to process the mixture of emotions I'm sure you're feeling.
  • I'm sorry about your grandfather.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I totally understand your emotions though. My niece was born the day before my Pap passed away, we liked to think he waited for her. Then I found out I was pregnant the day after his funeral. On top of that I had my first appointment on his birthday. It was a huge mix of emotions. But both of our children will have wonderful guardian angels!!