Baby Names
Options

What do you think of this boy name?

I'd like some honest opinions on a name I picked for a boy.  
Jack Dillinger.  
I've always liked Jack, and remember liking Dillinger at a young age.
.....is Dillinger horrible?  I don't want people to think "oh my god, that's a bank robber's last name!" 
Last concern is that I recently learned Jack is a nickname for Johnathan, which is his name (John Dillinger).
Would you confuse Jack with John and see the correlation?  
I just adore Dillinger, and Dillon, even thought I wouldn't use Dillon as a nickname and would mostly refer to the baby as Jack.  

Thanks in advance!

Re: What do you think of this boy name?

• Options
    Totally made the John Dillinger reference before you even mentioned it.  I know that you love the name, but I would look for something different.  If you absolutely have to have Dillinger in the name, I would keep it as the middle and pick a completely different first name.  Or just use Jack Dillon which wouldn't make me think of John Dillinger at all.

• Options
    I would just use Dillon. Bank robber aside, dillinger kind of odd to use out of left field.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    a gangster
  • Options

Jack has long been a nn for John -- President John F. Kennedy went by Jack Kennedy.  Jack Dillinger is a giant no go; says gangsta' all the way.   

• Options
    Why not Dillon Jaxon? Or, Jackson Dillon. Though, I am partial to the first one there. Jack or Johnathon are pretty good names, too. :)
  • Options

Jack has long been a nn for John -- President John F. Kennedy went by Jack Kennedy.  Jack Dillinger is a giant no go; says gangsta' all the way.   

Agreed

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Immediately thought of John Dillinger.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    Jack is great...I would use something else besides Dillinger
  • Options

This.