November 2015 Moms

UO Thursday

Let 'em go ladies. (Only one day left until we get to get our flame on!) 

Brace yourselves: 

Mine would have to be that I never cared for any of the Back to The Future movies. 

Re: UO Thursday

• Let 'em go ladies. (Only one day left until we get to get our flame on!) 

Brace yourselves: 

Mine would have to be that I never cared for any of the Back to The Future movies. 

I really don't care for them either.. I like the first one but it's not a movie that I can just watch over and over again.. I don't really care that today is back to the future day.. Yup I said it.. I don't care about everybody's little "omg it's back to the future day"
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe this is more appropriate for FFFC, but I have never seen any of the Back to the Future movies

Me either. My husband is horrified by this fact.
  • MargaretC5MargaretC5 member
    edited October 2015

I don't mind the med students observing. Sometimes I like it because the dr takes more time to explain what they are doing. My pedi has med students with him pretty often and I really like it because he gives them great explanations of things I would never think to ask.
    I am not such a big fan of the med students touching me, but for minor things I will let then. I did let the nursing student give me my flu shot and that took guts because I hate needles.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My UO is that I always wanted the hover board from the movie and was hoping they'd be invented by now, especially by bttf day. Bummer.

What's FFFC actually stand for? Never thought to ask all this time.
  • My UO is that I always wanted the hover board from the movie and was hoping they'd be invented by now, especially by bttf day. Bummer.

What's FFFC actually stand for? Never thought to ask all this time.

Not UO. Oh no no. ;)
    Flame-Free Friday Confession.

• I don't mind the med students observing. Sometimes I like it because the dr takes more time to explain what they are doing. My pedi has med students with him pretty often and I really like it because he gives them great explanations of things I would never think to ask.
    I am not such a big fan of the med students touching me, but for minor things I will let then. I did let the nursing student give me my flu shot and that took guts because I hate needles.

I fainted while pregnant with my first and had to go to the ER. Dr had a med student with him whom he let help examine me for any bruises from the fall. The idiot accused my fiancé of abusing me when he saw my stretch marks. I'm sorry but if u don't know the difference between stretch marks and abuse. U are not allowed to touch me. Also, made me super embarrassed about my stretch marks. I get that they need to learn on someone eventually. But geez.

My UO: I don't like doughnuts. Yes I said it. Unless it's jelly filled I will not be eating it. There is no way.
  • I work in a lab at a medical center/ university and asked specifically for no medical students bc I have a lot that rotate through my lab. I don't need to even have the possibility of one I had or will have to spend the summer with staring at my cooch. Nope.

It seems to be a popular opinion here, but I also absolutely can't stand back to the future day. I stayed off of fb yesterday
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • My UO is that I really do not like chocolate. I understand the younger students in my program are trying to be nice when they bring me chocolate but I end up piling like 40 dollar Belgian chocolate in a big pile under my desk. Do not want. Will have to find someone to give it to. 
    Do unto others. 
  • Bettytteb said:

UO: All fast food, particularly Taco Bell & KFC, totally grosses me out.

I feel this way. Except for Chik Fil A.
  • I'd have to agree with PP. I love the Oct birthstone. It's also my birthstone so maybe that's why. And I guess and early FFFC... I'm secretly hoping LO decides to make her appearance a week early and come on my birthday. My birthday is the 30th and my EDD is Nov 6th. DH is taking me for my birthday dinner this weekend because he knows I'm hoping to be in labor next week. Lol.
  • I guess I'm the UO of I really want this baby to hold out till November cause I don't like the October birthstone! Lol Yellow is my fave Color so I'd love to be able to add that to my family ring!! Plus November stone goes way better with the rest of my families stones.
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • My UO, I want my baby early. But I don't want an October baby, deffinetly not a Halloween baby, but I still want him early! I guess Nov 2nd is a good day :) EDD is 11-9. I also just looked up Nov stone and love it! It's a good contrast with the 2 Feb & 1 April I have.

Another UO is I hate the gender neutral direction people are going with clothes and toys. Why do we have to push nuteral on people. What is wrong with "girl" toys and "boy" toys? Anyone with kids knows that they will chose what they want to play with no matter what "gender" people want to put on it.

• Cook3133 said:

My UO, I want my baby early. But I don't want an October baby, deffinetly not a Halloween baby, but I still want him early! I guess Nov 2nd is a good day :) EDD is 11-9. I also just looked up Nov stone and love it! It's a good contrast with the 2 Feb & 1 April I have.

Another UO is I hate the gender neutral direction people are going with clothes and toys. Why do we have to push nuteral on people. What is wrong with "girl" toys and "boy" toys? Anyone with kids knows that they will chose what they want to play with no matter what "gender" people want to put on it.

I really want my baby to be late. Only 3 days so I would have a December baby. I know it won't happen because my doctor already told me they won't let me go passed 40 weeks but a girl can still dream.
  • I guess I'm the UO of I really want this baby to hold out till November cause I don't like the October birthstone! Lol Yellow is my fave Color so I'd love to be able to add that to my family ring!! Plus November stone goes way better with the rest of my families stones.

I have a sneaking suspicion this baby is a boy (I'm team green) so I am also hoping they hold out til November.
  • I don't like anything orange or grape flavored, orange juice being the only exception. No candy or fruits snacks or anything else. It's gross.

On the genderless toys and such, I'm totally for that. I have a friend who told me her little boy can't play with dolls because she doesn't want it to turn him gay. :|

More rant than UO I think but if I say my hips hurt or complain about a body part aching both of my parents chime in with "you should probably exercise more or you won't survive labor" um. Okay. My last response was how either of them would know that because neither of them have actually been through labor. And plus, my back hurts, pretty sure that's common at 8 months pregnant.
  • Elyse1384 said:

Mine is that everyone thinks it would be cool if I had him on halloween but I think it would be kinda shitty to have your day on a major holiday. What if he ended up hating trick or treating (like I did ) and every year that's what he has to do on his bday! :/

I agree!!!! My birthday is 2 days before Christmas and I hated it. No one ever can celebrate because they have family Christmas stuff. Not that I care now but growing up sucked majorly. Unfortunately I have bad timing because DD2 is a new years eve baby. I feel bad it's not as bad as others and will be cool in her early 20s (parties everywhere). I am hoping to avoid that with this one but with my luck I might have him on Halloween (due the 7th)

• My UO is that I don't really care when LO decides to make his appearance. It would be more convenient if he showed up close to his due date since DH is a pastor and the guy who currently has agreed to preach for him is only available the 2 Sunday's after my due date. But an early induction has been mentioned so I may go the week before. And everyone tells me they don't think I'll make it to my due date (11/14) since baby has been head down and putting pressure on my pelvis for almost 2 weeks already.

But honestly, I just don't care. I'm crazy excited to meet my little man, but I put no major stock in due dates anyway since it seems the baby usually has the final say.

(Also on that note it drives me crazy when people ask how many days I have left like LO has informed me of his exact eviction date. I don't know. I can give you a number of weeks estimate.)
  • I don't think I have an UO yet today, but I just have to say, I hadn't put much thought into birthstones for this little guy, cause I mean, for a boy it doesn't really matter all that much to him usually. I hadn't thought about how I'd likely want to incorporate it into jewelry for me. I just googled November's birthstone and I am so sad. I hate it so much.
  • kmd91 said:
    I don't think I have an UO yet today, but I just have to say, I hadn't put much thought into birthstones for this little guy, cause I mean, for a boy it doesn't really matter all that much to him usually. I hadn't thought about how I'd likely want to incorporate it into jewelry for me. I just googled November's birthstone and I am so sad. I hate it so much.
    I agree, November is the least attractive stone out of all of them! But topaz can be really, really pretty if cut the right way :) 
  • I have a scheduled c section next week and DS has an October birthday, so both my kids will have October birthdays. We are done after this one. All this talk of birthstones has got me thinking about a mother's ring, I am kind of excited that they both with have opal as a birthstone. I really like opals and I don't have to worry about different birthstones matching.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My UO is that I don't understand the need to have designated parking spaces for motorcycles really close to buildings and no spaces for expectant mothers. No joke I had to get a doctors note to get a parking pass just so I could park closer to my job.. Pretty sure you can tell from my Orca-like state that I'm going to pop any minute..but if I had a motorcycle I could park right next to the building... Smh
  • kayemjay2 said:
    Elyse1384 said:
    My UO is that I HATE HATE HATE the Kardashians.  I will never understand their popularity.  I don't believe we as a society should indulge them by watching their frivolous TV show, giving them any place in the national spotlight (eg interviews, magazine features) or flat out giving them any attention of any kind.  To me, they reflect all things wrong with the US while the incredible things about this country barely receive mention (eg men and women in the armed forces risking/giving their lives for our freedom, daily acts from local heroes such as firefighters, police officers and other first responders, work done by local charities or selfless individuals)
     I couldn't agree more. I also side-eye anyone who likes the Kardashians. In my book, that's as bad as disliking dogs. I'm not going to say I automatically dislike you for your opinions...but it definitely knocks a few points off. 
      I despise them. I thought this was a pretty popular opinion! 
    Do unto others. 
  • I guess my UO is I love November's birthstone, I've always liked yellow topaz! Citrine is pretty too! Maybe it's because I'm biased, I'm a November baby.

Second UO: I don't mind when this baby comes, just I would like this LO to have his own month, meaning October. I grew up with all my immediate family having their own birth month and it was always something we liked. We'll see when he decides to come, as long as it's not too close to the Halloween, I'm not crazy about that.