Rants/Raves/Stories:

Upcoming Appointments:

Questions:

GTKY: Favorite Halloween candy?
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change

• imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited October 2015
    Week/Baby Size: 16 weeks, an avocado, 4.5+ inches!!

Symptoms: RLP is no joke and EVERYTHING leaves a nasty aftertaste, I brush my teeth a LOT

Rants/Raves/Stories: I just want to sleep at night :(

Upcoming Appointments: 16 week appt this afternoon, anatomy scan in 2 weeks!

Questions: none

GTKY: Favorite Halloween candy? Even though sugar hasn't been a craving, or really even appealing, I'm still definitely a Reeses girl, yum PB and chocolate!
  • thaisac1thaisac1 member
    edited October 2015
    Week/Baby Size: 16 weeks! Avocado !!! 

Symptoms: Only bloating when I eat carbs. 

Rants/Raves/Stories: Yesterday I Ultrasounded my own belly in hopes to guess the sex of baby. I couldn't find out, but baby grew so much!!! Love! 

And last week I completed the last part of my IPS. I have to say I'm a bit aprehensive (although NT was only 1.0 mm) cause I know my HCG levels were low in the beggining of the pregnancy... So I'm wondering whether they have remained low and whether that will mean something bad. I try to find comfort in the statistics which are in my favor (much more likely to have a normal baby than not). 

Lastly, my parents arrive on Friday from Brazil! I'm gonna be in Toronto for a conference and they are going to meet me there! Excited! 

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy US in 2 weeks when I will finally learn the sex of the baby!!! And OB appointment the following week. 

GTKY: Favorite Halloween candy? Mini twix
  • Loading the player...
  • Week/Baby Size: 13 weeks, peach I think...

Symptoms: horrible taste in mouth, rlp and constant hunger.

Rants/Raves/Stories: dear sleep.....I miss you!

Upcoming Appointments: 16 week appt on 11/11. Waiting on call for Genetic test results. Cannot wait!

GTKY: Favorite Halloween candy? I'm a snickers girl but I also love sweet tarts.
  • Week/Baby Size: 16 weeks! Guacamole anyone?

Symptoms: migraines and low appetite

Rants/Raves/Stories: I wake up every night at 3am... Baby, you are not gonna be a night owl, so cut it out now!

Upcoming Appointments: 11 days till we find out what we're having!!!!!

GTKY: Favorite Halloween candy: Reese's! All the Reese's!
  • efflerc11efflerc11 member
    edited October 2015
    Welcome! This is my first post in the group :) finally made it to the 2nd Tri, and couldn't be happier.
    Week/Baby Size: 14w Lemon!

Symptoms: right nipple is sore, not the left. and despite my hunger I can only eat like 3 bites.

Rants/Raves/Stories: tossing, turning, and not wanting to cuddle with DH. My hormones are awful!

Upcoming Appointments: appointment next Monday, 10/26, which will be my first ultra sound.

GTKY: Favorite Halloween candy? Chocolateeeeeeee! I'm trying to hard to limit how much chocolate intake in per day but it's so good.
  • efflerc11 said:

Symptoms: right nipple is sore, not the left. and despite my hunger I can only eat like 3 bites

Ha! I've been getting a stabbing pain in only my right boob.. What is that??? Something special about the right side?
  • I'm gonna have to ask the OB @misstopsail !! My best friend (who's never been pregnant) said "put an ice cube on it!" Lol
  • Week/Baby Size: Week 13 with my Georgia Peach...better yet, a scoop of ice cream!

Symptoms: Still frequently sick and constantly nauseous.  Thought it would be going away by now, but I stopped taking my medicine and man was that a mistake! UGH! 

Rants/Raves/Stories: TMI---Why must I need to puke EVERY single time as soon as DH and I are done playing? No matter how or what we do...once done, I run and puke!  I like sex---I do not like puking! 

Upcoming Appointments: Nov 9.  Always exciting to get to hear the heartbeat and have that additional reminder that LO is growing and happy!

Questions: nope

GTKY: Favorite Halloween candy?  Currently--Twizzlers.  I am not one who enjoys chocolate (calm down---that means there's more to go around for everyone else), but I do enjoy a good AirHead or Butterfinger every now and then.

imageimage
  • Week/Baby Size: 13 / The sweetest peach!

Symptoms: very light morning headaches, but other than that, finally nothing! (Which is terrifying in its own way)

Rants/Raves/Stories: I finally feel great and can enjoy life again. Also, I am not crazy hormonal really but I've cried twice so far this week listening to the raffi pandora station on the way to drop my DD off at daycare. One Mulan song and one Raffi. I guess they really just spoke to me?

Upcoming Appointments: Friday! NT scan and blood work results

Questions:

GTKY: Favorite Halloween candy? Reese's fo sho! And now that somebody mentioned butterfingers...
  • Week / Baby Size:  13 weeks / a peach

Symptoms:  Nausea and exhaustion, as usual

Rants / Raves / Stories:  Leaving for a Caribbean cruise on Friday!  So excited to get a little fun in the sun!  However, I am little bit worried about how the rocking boat is going to combine with my existing nausea.

Upcoming Appointments:  Nothing until November

Questions:  How long did it take for you ladies to get your NT test results back?  I had mine done last Friday.

GTKY - Favorite Halloween Candy:  Snickers!
  • @Reddingite810 I just received a call a few minutes ago with my results from NT blood work and my test was late last Wednesday. Still waiting on harmony results though.
  • @thaisac1 I am so jealous you can ultrasound yourself...!
  • Week/Baby Size: 16/Avocado

Symptoms: Horrible soreness between my legs and my vagina...already.  Sore boobs.

Rants/Raves/Stories:

Upcoming Appointments: Monday is my 16th week appt.

Questions: Anyone have any suggestions to help my soreness?

GTKY: Favorite Halloween candy? Snickers

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Week / Baby Size:  13 weeks / a peach

Symptoms:  Nausea and exhaustion, as usual

Rants / Raves / Stories:  Leaving for a Caribbean cruise on Friday!  So excited to get a little fun in the sun!  However, I am little bit worried about how the rocking boat is going to combine with my existing nausea.

Upcoming Appointments:  Nothing until November

Questions:  How long did it take for you ladies to get your NT test results back?  I had mine done last Friday.

GTKY - Favorite Halloween Candy:  Snickers!

Well I saw right away that mine was 1.0mm as I saw the sonographer measuring it. :) otherwise I didn't hear back until my next OB appointment, 3 weeks later.
  • Thanks @goldsgirl9 and @thaisac1!  I just got an email from my OB saying that everything looked normal.  Phew!
  • Week / Baby Size:  15 weeks / navel orange

Symptoms:  Still tired but that seems to be easing up a little.  Some days are better than others.

Rants / Raves / Stories:  My boss asked me yesterday if I had colors picked for the baby's room so she can start making me a blanket.  So excited!  She makes such pretty blankets, so happy she is making one for my baby.

Upcoming Appointments:  Had my 15 week checkup today.  Baby looked great on the US and the heartbeat was nice and strong.  I love that my OB does a US each visit to check on baby.

Questions:  

GTKY: Favorite Halloween Candy:  Peanut butter cups, followed by anything else that's chocolate.  Oh and Skittles mmmmm
  • Week/Baby Size: 15 weeks, an apple!

SymptomsMostly just tired.

Rants/Raves/Stories: I would love a full night's sleep without waking up a dozen times a night. 

Upcoming Appointments: Regular check up next Wednesday.

Questions: Currently feeling pressure, like I'd feel on my period, down there. No bleeding, just pressure and slight abdominal pressure.  Is this stretching/body changing and/or increased blood flow?

GTKY: Favorite Halloween candy? Anything peanut butter and chocolote.  Really, ANYTHING.
  • Week/Baby Size: 15 weeks, an apple!

SymptomsMostly just tired.

Rants/Raves/Stories: I would love a full night's sleep without waking up a dozen times a night. 

Upcoming Appointments: Regular check up next Wednesday.

Questions: Currently feeling pressure, like I'd feel on my period, down there. No bleeding, just pressure and slight abdominal pressure.  Is this stretching/body changing and/or increased blood flow?

GTKY: Favorite Halloween candy? Anything peanut butter and chocolote.  Really, ANYTHING.

Based on your description it sounds like your uterus stretching. I felt some today too, I have had it once a week or so throughout these 16 weeks.
  • Week/Baby Size: 15 & orange

Symptoms: just my belly popping out

Rants/Raves/Stories: I told some staff at work I'm close with today. One said she knew because she noticed my scrubs were tighter around my belly and she knew I wasn't just getting fat.

Upcoming Appointments: I have one Friday but I have to reschedule, so probably next week.

Questions: nothing right now

GTKY: Favorite Halloween candy? Reese cups!
  • Week/size: 13 / Peach
    Symptoms: still fighting my skin but other than that good
    Rants/raves: so sick of people saying "you know what causes that, right". Backstory. This is #4 and we said before #3 that #3 was it.
    Upcoming appointment: high density ultrasound tomorrow. Was anticipating the possibility of finding out sex tomorrow. Last night husband mentions maybe we shouldn't find out and be surprised which we only did with our first baby. Now I'm struggling to decide if I can hold out and not find out especially since I gave everything away after baby #3 and I have a friend holding onto boy clothes for me in case it's a boy.
    Question: thoughts on not finding out on #4??? Husband said I could find out but he wouldn't want to know. :/
    Fav Halloween candy: snickers
  • dayj11 said:
    Week/size: 13 / Peach Symptoms: still fighting my skin but other than that good Rants/raves: so sick of people saying "you know what causes that, right". Backstory. This is #4 and we said before #3 that #3 was it. Upcoming appointment: high density ultrasound tomorrow. Was anticipating the possibility of finding out sex tomorrow. Last night husband mentions maybe we shouldn't find out and be surprised which we only did with our first baby. Now I'm struggling to decide if I can hold out and not find out especially since I gave everything away after baby #3 and I have a friend holding onto boy clothes for me in case it's a boy. Question: thoughts on not finding out on #4??? Husband said I could find out but he wouldn't want to know. :/ Fav Halloween candy: snickers
    I have to send mad props to anyone who has the patience/tolerance to NOT find out the sex of the baby!!! I couldn't do it but very much admire it. If you want to know but your husband doesn't, ask the technician to tell you privately, and keep it from your husband.  
  • @dayj11 I have the opposite issue, I don't want to know and my husband does lol.  Today my OB tried to get a look to see so I just turned my head from the screen in case there was a clear shot.  Unfortunately for my husband baby had his/her legs crossed so he couldn't find out today.
  • Week/Baby Size: 17 weeks, an Onion or Pomegranate :) 

Symptoms: Feel like a whale every time I eat too much. Too much CM coming out of me for my liking, and headaches. 

Rants/Raves/Stories: I'm sick of being hungry all the time. 

Upcoming Appointments: Missed my 16 week appt. OOPS. Will have to reschedule. 

Questions: None. 

GTKY: Favorite Halloween candy? KIT-KAT!!!!
                                                                         Image result for i breastfed my baby 1 year

• Week/Baby Size: 17 - Onion (yuck)

Symptoms: Round ligament pain, right sided back pain, HUNGRY!

Rants/Raves/Stories: Headed to Palm Springs for the weekend for my 30th birthday. So excited!!

Upcoming Appointments: 20 weeks - Anatomy Scan, a little freaked out by the 3D/4D U/S they are going to do

GTKY: Favorite Halloween candy? those little pumpkins that come with the candy corn!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @thaisac1 I am so jealous you can ultrasound yourself...!

Yeah, I'll admit it's pretty cool. :) I hold myself back not to overdo it, though. Only did it twice, at 13 and 16 weeks.
    My husband keeps saying "can't we just be normal? Wait for the regular ultrasound and be surprised like everyone else?" LOL
  • dayj11dayj11 member
    edited October 2015
    @fourtsixand2 Not finding out is so hard but I have to say there is nothing so exciting as being in the middle of pushing knowing you're so close to seeing then finding out at that final push. It's amazing. Finding out with the last two makes not finding out this time way too hard. I'll see if I can find out and keep it a secret from the hubby :)
  • @amandac12581
    I had that issue with number two. I wasn't going to find out and hubby wanted to. I made the mistake of looking at my husbands face and I knew. It was a boy. At that point I said forget it and looked. Good luck mama
  • thaisac1thaisac1 member
    edited October 2015
    Ladies, if you don't mind answering this kinda personal question: when did you start gaining weight?
    I'm 16 weeks and as of this morning I am still 0.8 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight - and I have had no nausea or vomiting , and I am eating anything I fancy.
    I started a bit overweight so my plan was to gain 20-25 pounds tops if I could manage, so I'm not necessarily sad for not having gained any by 16 weeks. I'm just kinda puzzled Why I'm not gaining although baby is growing?
    As soon as I got pregnant I lost a few pounds for whatever reason (likely lost muscle mass as I stopped working out), and then very slowly regained to the point that by 15 weeks I was back to my pre-preg weight. But as of this morning I am down to 0.8 pounds lighter than pre-preg weight again. Maybe I'm dehydrated, I don't know (drinking water like a mad woman today).
    I know everyone is different but I am a tad little bit worried as this is my first time. Would you share your experiences with your weight during pregnancy?
  • imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited October 2015
    I'm not 100% sure when I started gaining weight with DD but I JUST put on a few pounds since last week, and I'm clearly showing in addition to the baby growing. I actually kept dropping a pound or two, gaining it, dropping again. With the nausea finally gone (though I only threw up 5 times the whole first trimester) and my hunger up, I indulged a LOT the past week which added some poundage. But given that I hadn't gained any yet, I was okay with that. I am overweight, but my OB still says 30 pounds will be a healthy gain for me...I'd prefer 20.

ETA: I gained 45 lbs with my DD and was still hanging on to 10-15 lbs of that when I got pregnant with this LO...hence why I'm hoping to gain less. My doctor is also just fine with how my weight has progressed so far.
  • @thaisac1 I also haven't gained much, maybe 1-2 pounds and I'm 15+1.  I also don't have much of a bump, just the same tiny roll that's always been there that never goes away no matter how much I would exercise lol.  It's probably just genetics, I've asked my mom about how she carried with me and she was the same, not really a bump until about 5 months and she gained a total of about 22 pounds the entire pregnancy.  I'm hoping that I will be the same way.  You're also pretty active from what I gather and that helps keep the extra pounds off.  I wouldn't worry too much as long as baby is healthy, your body will hold the extra when it needs it.
  • I lost 20 pounds with DD.  From first appointment date to delivery date.  I puked once every single day of that pregnancy, and Doc was never concerned...probably because I was and still am overweight.  Started that pregnancy at 220 and delivered right at 199.  I've lost 5 so far with this LO, and have been nauseous constantly.  I guess it really depends on you and what doc is OK with.  Don't ever hesitate to call your doctor or nurse line with questions.  We are always a good resource but we aren't medical professionals.  Not being snarky, just honest! :-) 

imageimage
  • I lost 20 pounds with DD.  From first appointment date to delivery date.  I puked once every single day of that pregnancy, and Doc was never concerned...probably because I was and still am overweight.  Started that pregnancy at 220 and delivered right at 199.  I've lost 5 so far with this LO, and have been nauseous constantly.  I guess it really depends on you and what doc is OK with.  Don't ever hesitate to call your doctor or nurse line with questions.  We are always a good resource but we aren't medical professionals.  Not being snarky, just honest! :-) 

I had an appointment at 14 weeks and mentioned I hadn't gained any and she was perfectly fine with that. She told me then that from that point on I should gain about a pound a week, give or take. And it looked like I was on track but then when I saw my weight drop today I was like, WTH? My belly looks flatter today too. (Baby's heartbeat was perfect at 152 BpM this morning though, I checked). I suspect I am less hydrated and less bloated, maybe that's what's going on.
    I'll probably regret ever complaining about this when I start to gain a crapload of weight, lol.