Trying to Get Pregnant

got it on the 1st try

Good morning moms,
My DH and I are TTC, it's our 1st month trying. I was wondering how many of you got pregnant on the 1st try?

Re: got it on the 1st try

• Loading the player...
  • This is a "TRYING to get pregnant" Board, maybe post to the "1st trimester" board? We're all obviously still trying to get pregnant, some never even seen a positive pregnancy test lol.
    While I agree with you, there are many women here who are trying for a sibling. 
  • RoseNylon said:
    This is a "TRYING to get pregnant" Board, maybe post to the "1st trimester" board? We're all obviously still trying to get pregnant, some never even seen a positive pregnancy test lol.
    While I agree with you, there are many women here who are trying for a sibling. 

Sorry, my bad :)
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited October 2015
    Probably not many of us, seeing how we're all trying to get pregnant. Chances are slim but not impossible.

Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC

While I got pregnant with my DD while on bc, my loss I tried for a few months and am on month 2 this time, MANY women on this page have been trying for a very long time and your question doesn't sit well here. Like PP'S said try 1st trimester board for questions that might hurt or upset others on here. Ie.. pregnancy symptoms, I'm pregnant, or questions about getting KU quickly. Also just not sure why you thought this was the place to ask.

Addison (DD) born 6/10/12
    M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14
    Rainbow Koen (DS) born 7/9/16

Lfafer  you want to have in your playgroup  * Best Baker  * Sweetest Lfafer * Best NBR\GTKY Threads*  Most Supportive Lfafer *   Best Mom * Lfafer you want organizing your meal train after birth

• Getting pregnant quickly is more about being lucky than good. Even if you do everything perfectly, there's still only at most a 20% chance of success each cycle. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • yes i too am trying to get pregnant just wanted too see how many woman got it on the 1st try and yes i do know the stats so everyone can settle down. will post it on the board for ladies who are pregnant already. 
  • you have a 20% chance each cycle.

OP: While it may seem like a harmless question to you, there are many women who struggle and stress about getting pregnant for quite awhile, and may not want to see how many people had it happen in just one cycle.

I know you are excited, but maybe ask this on 1st trimester, like others have mentioned.

Be prepared to have 12 periods before you get a positive... that's what my OB told me.
  • kar2485 said:

yes i too am trying to get pregnant just wanted too see how many woman got it on the 1st try and yes i do know the stats so everyone can settle down. will post it on the board for ladies who are pregnant already. 

• @ashbear720 hmmm... I'm not sure. Wanna try vajazzling and report back?

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• LOL you guys crack me up at work
  • @KDHB13 lol DH somehow manages to reference vajazzling once per week... I think he's secretly interested in seeing how it would look IRL...  8-|

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • kar2485 said:
    Good morning moms,
    My DH and I are TTC, it's our 1st month trying. I was wondering how many of you got pregnant on the 1st try?
    ....I'm not a mom yet..thanks for reminding me...

TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I got pregnant my first month trying. It was a miscarriage.

• MandyBeeSLPMandyBeeSLP member
    edited October 2015
    kar2485 said:
    Good morning moms,
    Nope. Cycle 6 here. Thanks for the reminder. 

Out of curiosity, did you read anything on here before you posted? I think I quick peek at the WTO (Waiting to Ovulate) and TWW (Two week wait) threads would have been enlightening. 

Edited to add my gif. I'm feeling very gif-happy today. 
    Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• At first, when I read the title, I thought this was possibly the worst kind of drive by ever, I was like:

Then I realized it was an ignorant question and I was just like:
    Married 2011
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Fur child: One awesome Golden Retriever
    IUI August 2016  : Cancelled due to polyp
    September 2016: Polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    October 2016: IUI #1- BFN
    November 2016: IUI #2- BFN
    December 2016: IUI #3 - BFN
    January/February 2017 - IVF + ICSI + PGD
    March 2017 - FET

• momstahp said:
    KDHB13 said:
    I did, but I had to eat only olives for a whole week, then DH and I had to dance in a backward circle around a garden gnome 7 times. After that he sprinkled some glitter on my lady bits and BAM! KU on our first try! Maybe try that?

PLEASE NO NO NO DON'T TALK ABOUT GLITTERED LADY BITS OH GAAWWDDD
    NO GLITTER LADYBITS TALK. DEAR GOD NOOOOOO.

Also, OP:
  • Snark aside, here is an honest answer...

With the first two pregnancies, yes I did get pregnant on the first try. First was a miscarriage, second made it full-term w/ help of progesterone.

Several years later and post-35, it's been 3 months and still no positive test. To be honest, I wasn't expecting this and now wish that we had started earlier.

Best answer is: it all depends. Good luck.
    + 6/1/11, due 2/12/12. natural m/c @ 8wks
    + 9/3/11, due May 2012. overdue baby born healthy!
    + 8/3/15, natural m/c @ 5wks
    + 1/4/16, due 9/14/16

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I get why you asked. Just curious how distributed the 20% statistic is. That's a great question. Are most people loaded towards the middle of the bell curve or the end of the bell curve (so to speak). I have no idea, asking people is hard too because most woman lie about this for some reason. Almost like asking your weight. it's really just luck. I had 1st not trying, 2nd 1st try. My older sisters are only 12 months apart and I'm 4 years younger, no pattern just like flipping a coin- but actually worse odds.
  • Well.....

I got pregnant on our first month "trying." I wasn't charting, OPK, anything. BUT, it ended in a miscarriage at almost 6 weeks. 
  • KDHB13 said:

I did, but I had to eat only olives for a whole week, then DH and I had to dance in a backward circle around a garden gnome 7 times. After that he sprinkled some glitter on my lady bits and BAM! KU on our first try! Maybe try that?

Anyone have a garden gnome I can borrow?