Baby Showers
Options

2nd child registry and shower etiquette

Are there any particular rules of etiquette about what to register for (or if you do a registry at all) with 2nd children? Our kids will be nearly 6 years apart, so in some ways we're starting over with baby gear.

Re: 2nd child registry and shower etiquette

• Options
    I'd register so I have a list & get the discount. I'll let others chime in on the etiquette of sharing the list with others.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With #2, I made a registry for the completion coupons and as a shopping list for myself. Second showers are a no-no.

I was uncomfortable with people buying us more stuff after having been so generous with number one so I did not share my registry if asked. I just made a joke about how I was crazy for everything new with #1 and that #2 was getting all hand-me-downs.
  • Options
    I agree with the above poster ^^^.  Go ahead and make a registry for the completion coupons.  Don't expect too much out of it though because people don't gift as much for a second baby as they do for a first, regardless of the timing of the child.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• Options
    VOR said:
    You can create a registry.  NOthing wrong with that.  But I would only share it when ASKED and as far as a shower goes, I can already tell you that here, on this board, the overall opinion is that showers are for first time moms only.  You would know better what's common in your social circle. 

And be careful about your justification of "we're basically starting over".  That's YOUR problem.  Not anyone elses.  Have as many kids as far apart as you want, but it's not your friend's or family's responsibility to restock you on all the baby items.
    This is perfect advice. All of it.