Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Newborn clothes??

Baby boy is going on 6 weeks old & still wearing newborn everything. He is a bit behind in weight but he's Also quite long. I'm FTM so not quite sure when a baby outgrows their Nb stuff (generally). Thoughts?

Re: Newborn clothes??

• Options
    Mine is 7 weeks and still has a couple newborn outfits that still fit. Don't worry about clothes size just listen to your pediatrician to know if baby's growth is on track.
  • Options
    For us, the length is more accurate than the weight in the size charts. LO is long so she was out of newborn onesies at 5 weeks, and out if 3 month size at 13 weeks. We found that her length tends to follow the size charts, buy she is way heavier than the max weight for the size when we switch her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a lot of NB clothes and their actual size varies. Some of them are tiny and some are huge for my baby. I really wouldn't look at labels to evaluate growth.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Every baby is different...depends on their birth weight, their growth rate, and the brand of clothing.
  • Options
    It really does depend on the baby. My DD couldn't fit her newborn clothes when she was born. She just turned 3 months today and is wearing 6 month clothes. Just make sure it's not too tight or lose.
  • Options
    As others have said it really depends on the baby. My 2.5 month old is in mostly 6 month sleepers now because she is so long but is still only 10.5 lbs. She just can't stretch out in 3 month stuff fully anymore. I put her in 3 month outfits though because the pants fit her okay when the feet are not attached and the shirt/onesies fit right.