April 2016 Moms

BFM 10/18

Re: BFM 10/18

• Who schedules meetings first thing on a Monday morning?!
    DS born on 4/16/16

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited October 2015
    Who schedules meetings first thing on a Monday morning?!
    I had a parent call FRIDAY NIGHT leaving a voicemail about me calling them first thing in the morning today. Uh, no? I had spoken to this parent THURSDAY and I have nothing new to say. Also, I had someone from the office propose this morning as a time to meet about a student I asked about TWICE last week, she never got back to me on meeting, apparently wrote the email Friday an hour after clock out time, asking to meet this morning. Sorry, but I don't check my work email over the weekend so if you want to schedule something for Monday morning you better do it well in advance. I actually need that time to get ready for the week.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • If I see one more "guess the gender" thread, I am going to break my computer.
    YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!  Seriously people, that game is no fun for people who don't know you.

Also to the woman at my job who's company card got declined, why don't you call the effing number on the back of the card and figure out why yourself rather than calling me to do it.  Apparently you didn't budget your trip as well as you thought you did.
  • @amandac12581 haha YES!! This woman's card was declined at my restaurant last night and she asked me to run it again. I tried, and came back declined again. She then blamed me for her card getting declined for her $22 tab because I tried to run it multiple times so her bank thinks it's fraud, even though she asked me to try again!! Lady, if you have less than $22 in your account until your next payday, WHY IN THE WORLD are you spending it eating out!? Hahaha crazy-ass woman

Welcome to my life. :)
  • I thought I was in the no-puke zone after 10 good days. I was wrong this morning.

Also I can't stop itching.
  • misstopsailmisstopsail member
    edited October 2015

I thought I was in the no-puke zone after 10 good days. I was wrong this morning.

Also I can't stop itching.

FOUR weeks and I puked this morning.. Took me a hour to decide it was morning sickness and not actual sickness.

Dear coworker.. Tell me again that I'm looking pregnant when my DH doesn't even think I'm showing.. I dare you!
  • imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited October 2015
    ETA: deleted because I'm paranoid that people stalk these sites
    My boss likes to do this and then call in sick last minute. Today's meeting was with our CEO. Awesome.
  • Dd is sick or teething or something because she's been super clingy since yesterday. I have all I can do to keep myself up right, holding on to her 2.5 yo body does not work well.
  • I'm about to bitch slap DHs boss - he randomly leaves during to day and had DH finish all of his projects, then will make it so DH doesn't get commission for them, he does. This usually ends up in DH working 75-80 hours a week without overtime pay (thank you salaried position). AKA I haven't seen DH on a weekend in the past 8 weeks. I can't freaking wait for him to quit in December.
  • @rebelone wow! I'm so sorry she bombarded you like that! I haven't really cried lately.. I just experience rage so I probably would've punched her in her face if she came at me like that! Kudos to you for not knocking her out. It was completely unfair and childish of her to react the way she did about finding out your happy news. My friends even coworkers joke around, but nothing as insensitive as that. I definitely think she is worried if you are going to report what happened or not just for the sheer fact of how many times she's come to check up on you, then try to make it out as if you're being over sensitive and saying it's just a joke. Sounds like she's trying to justify reasons in her head for her reaction and your "supposed" over reaction. She sounds like a twatwaffle to me. 

Perhaps she's jealous of your pregnancy? I've had a couple of friends act differently once I spilled the beans to them because they have been secretly TTC with no luck. 
  • Perhaps she's jealous of your pregnancy? I've had a couple of friends act differently once I spilled the beans to them because they have been secretly TTC with no luck. 

This was my first thought as well. Some people get jealous about the attention you will get. Try not to take it personal, easier said than done of course. But now you know how this person truly is. I would keep it professional and moving forward act as though nothing was wrong. Why give her the satisfaction?!? I'm sorry you had to deal with this. What a jerk.
  • @rebelone wow! I'm so sorry she bombarded you like that! I haven't really cried lately.. I just experience rage so I probably would've punched her in her face if she came at me like that! Kudos to you for not knocking her out. It was completely unfair and childish of her to react the way she did about finding out your happy news. My friends even coworkers joke around, but nothing as insensitive as that. I definitely think she is worried if you are going to report what happened or not just for the sheer fact of how many times she's come to check up on you, then try to make it out as if you're being over sensitive and saying it's just a joke. Sounds like she's trying to justify reasons in her head for her reaction and your "supposed" over reaction. She sounds like a twatwaffle to me. 

Perhaps she's jealous of your pregnancy? I've had a couple of friends act differently once I spilled the beans to them because they have been secretly TTC with no luck. 
    I'm not sure if she'd be jealous, who knows. I think she might be in her 70's and she is known to be abrasive but dayum, I wasn't expecting anything like this. This is knocking it out of the park as far as snarky and sarcastic goes. But yes definitely in the twatwaffle category and this surely has harmed our what I thought was a good working relationship. I will be distancing myself from her for sure hereon. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• rebelone said:

First I want to day sorry for this long post and for the format. I went into work this morning and I finally saw one of my coworkers for the first time since I've made my announcement last week. I mentioned that I haven't seen her last week and asked if she heard the news. She said she heard second hand thank you very much and she said I feel like a second class citizen and she said it was really shitty finding out that way. Then I said I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that I had to go out of my way looking for her and she said she was easy to find and I just didn't bother and she now knows what she means to me. She said she doesn't do social media and basically made it out that I'm a piece of shit for not finding her to tell her myself. She's in my work area so it's personal and I just couldn't. I started crying.

When she sees how visibly upset I was, she then said she didn't mean any of it that she was giving me shit and she apologized profusely of everything she said. By then I was bawling she hugged me and continues to apologize and said she was very happy for me and tried calming me down and said she said that she was hard to find last week and that they had her working in every area except where she was supposed to be and continued to say how happy she was for me.

I was crying for awhile coz I have no clue WTF I did to have that done to me in the first place. Eventually I calmed down and she asked me if I was alright and she said she was sorry again and she was happy for me then started asking questions like how my girls took the news and she bets Clinton is happy, etc. My boss is out all day for a meeting and if she was sitting in her office around the corner and I doubt any of this would have happened of she was there.

What that lady did was super shitty. I'm debating on whether I should write this up. Another lady asked if I was okay then she went to her and admitted to making me cry. I think her apology was authentic and I don't think she'd ever make me that upset again. She was the only one that reacted that way. I thought we had a pretty good relationship until now. It makes me wonder what it's going to be like now.

She later came back asked how I was doing. I said I'm okay and that she really knocked me off my rocker. She said oh, come on Jamie. It was just a little joke. I said yeah, really funny. I looked away. She walked away making some kind of whimpering noise like I kicked her side. I really don't know. I think she's actually scared I might say something coz she keeps coming back checking on me asking of I'm okay and of she can get me something. The rest of the day has been okay and whenever she walks past my area I can see and sense she's wondering if I'm over it.

If you made it through my post, here's a delicious mocktail for your visual enjoyment.

Honestly I had this happen with a casual acquaintance/friend during my last pregnancy. I let it roll off my back. If you're not happy for me about the birth of my child or want to make it about you, bye Felicia.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • @kalanieileen hahaha yes! I'm more on the rage side than the tears side too. My mom asked me today if I had been "extra weepy" and I was like umm no I pretty much just want to punch everyone in the face.

How the F am I supposed to tell my boss I'm pregnant when she has zero openings even for a 30 minute meeting on her calendar until after Thanksgiving?!?!? I'm trying to be responsible and give enough notice for planning purposes. We used to have regular one on ones but she decided they were unnecessary a while back so I don't even have that to fall back on. Maybe she wouldn't be so damn wrapped up in meetings if she would delegate every once and a while but noooo she has to have the lead on everything so she gets all the credit even when others do all the actual work. UGH! (Cue more rage)

• ETA: deleted because I'm paranoid that people stalk these sites

I've had a BFM post dying to be posted but I'm paranoid they'll find it. Spoiler alert- someone at the school I teach at needs a reality check.
  • I'm a little late, but my BFM is people who knock on my door in the middle of the day. I work night shift, so knocking on my door at 1:20 in the afternoon is like me knocking on your door in the middle of the night! This happened today and I wanted to kill whoever it was! It was probably some church group wanting to invite me to their church or something. I peekd out my bedroom window and saw them drive up to my neighbors homes as well. It just makes me irrationally mad that strangers think they can drive onto someone's property, and walk up onto their porch. Unless you are family/friends or the FedEx guy, stay off my land!!!!
  • loveymay said:

I'm a little late, but my BFM is people who knock on my door in the middle of the day. I work night shift, so knocking on my door at 1:20 in the afternoon is like me knocking on your door in the middle of the night! This happened today and I wanted to kill whoever it was! It was probably some church group wanting to invite me to their church or something. I peekd out my bedroom window and saw them drive up to my neighbors homes as well. It just makes me irrationally mad that strangers think they can drive onto someone's property, and walk up onto their porch. Unless you are family/friends or the FedEx guy, stay off my land!!!!

This! It makes me so mad when my neighbors leave their dogs outside barking all morning. I need my sleep too! My dogs are not outside yapping all night while you're sleeing X(
    And dont even get me started on the kid across the street who spent every day all summer long just bouncing his basketball in his diveway... nightshiftproblems...
  • Late one...people in central Jersey drive like they are pissed off and on meth. I seriously hate these people.
  • loveymay said:
    I'm a little late, but my BFM is people who knock on my door in the middle of the day. I work night shift, so knocking on my door at 1:20 in the afternoon is like me knocking on your door in the middle of the night! This happened today and I wanted to kill whoever it was! It was probably some church group wanting to invite me to their church or something. I peekd out my bedroom window and saw them drive up to my neighbors homes as well. It just makes me irrationally mad that strangers think they can drive onto someone's property, and walk up onto their porch. Unless you are family/friends or the FedEx guy, stay off my land!!!!
    So I live two blocks from Kingdom Hall...you can just guess how many times we get Jehovah Witnesses knocking on our door. And SOMEHOW they always manage to come during naptime, which makes the dog bark, which wakes up my kid. Seriously, nothing is more frustrating. The last time I personally spoke to one of them was when I was on maternity leave with my DD (so almost 2 years ago...!) and they still ask for "your wife with the baby" when DH opens the door. Lady, leave me alone! My soul is already accounted for by grace, TYVM! Now I don't mean to offend anyone if they happen to be a Jehovah Witness on this board. But I get so frustrated because I don't understand the purpose of door to door soliciting (because that is how I see it). JW believe in the predestination of the 144,000, which means they believe only 144,000 people will go to heaven. Do you REALLY want me to take your spot? No? They don't come knocking on my door with your pamphlets.
  • Late one...people in central Jersey drive like they are pissed off and on meth. I seriously hate these people.
    Oh yes. I lived there for 15 years of my life. It is no joke. Though I will say, people in the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia area) are SO MUCH WORSE.  

• Lol! I love in "our dear Mrs. Reynolds" how Jayne offered to trade Vera for her.... My fav of Adam Baldwin! Although he was amazing a John Casey on Chuck.

I'm afraid to post on here anything even if it's a statement or just for fun or even if I'm complaining like on one of these post because of all the know it alls who tell you "it's normal" or try to correct or argue with you about something you're feeling ... It's like: " thanks. I'm a well educated adult and wasn't even asking for help." Or "That was sorta uncalled for. If I was asking for help, you could have been a whole lot kinder in you reply!"
    Seriously! I reply all the time to posts, I just never post the reply. I'm surprised I'm posting this one.

P.s. Stay shiny my friend!
  • spatter1 said:

Late one...people in central Jersey drive like they are pissed off and on meth. I seriously hate these people.

Oh yes. I lived there for 15 years of my life. It is no joke. Though I will say, people in the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia area) are SO MUCH WORSE.  

I have to agree. Driving in that area is truly terrifying!

• Perhaps she's jealous of your pregnancy? I've had a couple of friends act differently once I spilled the beans to them because they have been secretly TTC with no luck. 
    THIS
    If it makes ya feel better, ppl in CT are worse. They actually need driving lessons.
  • Haha I live in central jersey and I think I drive normal! Are you originally from here? Maybe I just don't know any different haha
  • kimey1 said:
    Late one...people in central Jersey drive like they are pissed off and on meth. I seriously hate these people.
    If it makes ya feel better, ppl in CT are worse. They actually need driving lessons.
    The scariest driving I've experienced was the Hutchison and Sawmill Parkways headed through Westchester toward CT. Holy hell.
  • akb1125 said:
    Haha I live in central jersey and I think I drive normal! Are you originally from here? Maybe I just don't know any different haha
    Ha. No. I'm from upstate NY. Driving is actually ENJOYABLE up there! I can't understand why people are so *pushy* around here. They're nice enough face to face, but put 'em behind the wheel of a car...oy.
  • akb1125 said:
    Haha I live in central jersey and I think I drive normal! Are you originally from here? Maybe I just don't know any different haha
    Ha. No. I'm from upstate NY. Driving is actually ENJOYABLE up there! I can't understand why people are so *pushy* around here. They're nice enough face to face, but put 'em behind the wheel of a car...oy.
    I'm from Central NJ originally :)

• kimey1 said:
    The scariest driving I've experienced was the Hutchison and Sawmill Parkways headed through Westchester toward CT. Holy hell.
    Ha ha ha I have to confess I was an asshat on Sawmill - didn't think the "Cars Only" sign meant I couldn't have my Uhaul - was thinking just not BIG trucks... alas when you come up on a bridge that says 11'0" and your truck say 11'8" , you shit your pants...

Luckily someone was lying and I made it under the bridge... and got off at the next available exit.
  • The scariest driving I've experienced was the Hutchison and Sawmill Parkways headed through Westchester toward CT. Holy hell.
    Ha ha ha I have to confess I was an asshat on Sawmill - didn't think the "Cars Only" sign meant I couldn't have my Uhaul - was thinking just not BIG trucks... alas when you come up on a bridge that says 11'0" and your truck say 11'8" , you shit your pants...

Luckily someone was lying and I made it under the bridge... and got off at the next available exit.
    Yikes. My stepdad was a truck driver, and that actually happened to him on his last job. There's some special GPS truckers use to avoid low bridges, but this one wasn't in there and the sign was obscured. Poor guy...he tried to go under and sheared the top. Decided that was his last trucking job!
  • Oh man that's awful!! I used to work for a company that had a truck fleet and we would never trust the height on bridges that were close because notoriously the city/town/whatever wouldn't remeasure if they resurfaced the road.