May 2016 Moms

Twat Waffle Tuesday 10/20

nerdymama15nerdymama15 member
edited October 2015 in May 2016 Moms
Did not see this thread up anywhere.
Who or What is being a twat waffle in your life right now?

For me it is a radiology group that is sending me a bill from a long time ago, but puts the wrong address on the insert so it keeps getting returned to me in the mail.  And then they send out another bill with the same problem.  No one there seems to want to fix their issue, so I guess they don't want to get paid!

Edit:
Two more twat waffles to add:
My dogs or specifically one dog is being a twat waffle today.  DH  has him spoiled rotten and thinking he can get his way all the time.  With me I refuse to spoil them while I am working and this particular dog can not stand it and throws a fit to get attention.  The more I ignore him, the LOUDER he gets.   There isn't anything wrong with him other than he is an attention whore.  I'll gladly give him snuggles after work,  but I cannot work with a fifty some pound dog in my lap!

And my work keeps not adding me to the global email list so I constantly miss important company wide emails.  This has been going on for months now.  They keep giving my boss the run around as to why I'm not getting them.  Found out today while investigating it on my own that they never added me to the list in the first place.  They keep making excuses and it is driving me nuts.

First Pregnancy
  • BFP: 01/25/2015
  • EDD: 09/28/2015
  • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
  • EDD: 05/25/2016
Baby Born
04/15/2016

PGAL

Re: Twat Waffle Tuesday 10/20

• My SIL and a future SIL. We are announcing next Friday night at a Halloween party at our place (with just parents and siblings). Both of them are being a royal PITA about coming (because apparently one is doing homework and one can't miss 30 minutes of being with her sister). Honestly, as long as my brothers make an appearance, they don't have to come and maybe they'll realize there are other people in the world other than them. 

This has been irritating me for a solid week now. 
  • laurenmdrn16laurenmdrn16 member
    edited October 2015
    Everyone and everything at work today. I think I am actually the TW because I am just in a bad mood, but everyone is pissing me off today. I am counting the seconds until I can leave, pick up my son, and just snuggle with him. Except that I know I have a million things to do at the house and MH is going to be super grouchy because he worked a mini this morning before his regular full-time shift (meaning he had to be at work at 4am and won't get home until 6pm). So I want to have something done for him (either dishes or laundry or cleaning) to help him feel better. But I am also in a terrible mood so I am finding it hard to be thoughtful and considerate. I have actually used the line "I'm growing another person inside my body! You don't know what tired is!" when he complained about feeling tired. So, yeah, I am the twat-waffle.

ETA: And my stupid tickers aren't working in my siggy. *Pout*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The guy who is suppose to buy our house! Has a list of over 30 things he wants fixed... like new windows (they are 10 years old) a new patio... which is not cracked or damaged. Just making me want to scream!!! $
  • Maintenance at my apartment is definitely winner of TW of the week for me--there is a distinct smell of natural gas seeping all over my apartment and all they did was come inside, say, yes, they smelled it to and told me "it's not problematic." Based on what? That we haven't blown up or asphyxiated in our sleep yet?? How is rotten egg, sulfury, smelling gas in our apartment not problematic??

• @sarahjo8 call the gas company. You definitely don't want to mess around waiting on maintenance for that!

@TheThornBird :: major hugs::
  • @linnibella Thats annoying, We were on the opposite end of that situation when we bought our house.We asked for a few more repairs to be done before we closed. Nothing extravagant like new windows. But when I was talking to the listing agent she admitted to telling the seller " oh there's an offer on the house, don't do any more work" so who knows how much more work was planned. 
  • @TheThornBird - I second that your ex-SO is a massive TW. I'm so sorry.
  • @TheThornBird - Winner, and new champion...

In my little part of the world it's probably me. I'm un-fun to be around and not very productive today. My brother died unexpectedly one year ago today and it's not something I've really talked about with coworkers (different ones from last year since we re-org'd) and I don't feel like discussing with the new ones.
  • My dog boarder is the twatwaffle. My dog hasn't been at the boarder/day care since she got in a fight there over the summer. The owner told me that usually they have a zero tolerance policy, but since my dog had a good track record there over the past few years, they were willing to give her another shot. I waited a couple months, though, and now I want to start bringing her back. And the owner won't call me back. Maybe she's changed her mind on having my dog back (they take any kind of aggression very seriously--as they should), but jeez--call me back, just don't ignore me! Also, I've sent a TON of business their way, so she at least owes me a phone call! 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• I can honestly say no one is bothering me today and it will take quite a bit to put me down bc I had my first appointment today and it went great. Found babies heartbeat with the Doppler relatively quickly and it was a very healthy 173 beats per min.

So if I post a twat waffle today then believe me.... They are a true twat waffle. :)
  • My foot is being a twatwaffle! I stepped on a big piece of glass the other day and cut it. I wear stilettos to work - because business casual pants don't work with flats- and now I'm legit limping :/ I swear I'll be crawling by the end of the day!

Me 31 DH 41

TTC #1 since August 2014
    RE August 2015
    Surprise BFP! September 1, 2015
    IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Baby Eden born 5/11/16 <3<3<3

• @schicksal, sending positive vibes on this definitely difficult day, no words of advice, just vibes. @thethornbird, I am so sorry you are going through such a difficult time right now, hopefully things will get better soon!

Major t-waffles today, I feel like a chubby t-waffle with fully loaded maple syrup and full fat butter, so I will take the t-waffle award for first trimester chub.

Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • T-waffles in my life lately.... Boss is being super overbearing and nit picky, and being really mean about it. Constantly stressing me out!
  • @schicksal - i feel ya. My brother died unexpectedly 2.5 years ago and I've never been the same. The first year is terrible, and it doesn't get "easier" but it does get "less shitty." My baby is actually due on the 3rd anniversary of his death so we're happy to have something happy to look forward to. I am here if you ever want to talk (even though I'm a stranger on the internet lol).

@TheThornBird - if there is a Twatwaffle Tuesday trophy, and I'm not actually sure I want to see that if there is, then you are the clear winner.

And my own personal TW is d'angelos subs. Forgot that I placed an order & couldn't accommodation a quick delivery when they realized it an hour later. Are you seriously messing with a pregnant girl and her lunch????
  • My mother. She's on this new kick lately where she says we had a conversation about something and we didn't. She also said yesterday I was lying about a response DH gave me after she asked a question. She said she was standing right there and he didn't say anything. She also does this exasperated eye rolling thing and tells me that I need to get it together bc I'm living in a fantasy world. WTF?! I know I've been forgetful lately but about doing things not recalling things that have happened or haven't happened. It's really grating on my nerves that are worn down as it is. Then she asks, "Are you mad at me?" UGH!
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• @TheThornBird Good Lord honey. T&P with you. You are a strong woman and don't allow anyone to tell you what you should allow in a relationship.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Target. Usually my favorite store to shop at but today I don't understand how my 3/$10 sodas with 25% off and three $1 off coupons adds up to $8.04.  Also, all of their BOGO sweaters were either XXL or XS.  :/
  • RobinKamuRobinKamu member
    edited October 2015
    So there are a few honorable mentions for twat waffle Tuesday!!! First one of the Investigators I am working for complete TWAT WAFFLE!! He is condescending when he speaks to me and conducts research with a pre-decided outcome.. If he doesn't get it my fault when I offer information he discredits it because I don't have a PhD.. GRRR! Number 2 his minion.. He knows that he is wrong but won't tell him he is wrong. He tells me and then crinkles like a cheap suit in his presence what the heck??? And I think I am a bit twat waffle-ish due to the other two.. I am just frustrated overwhelmed and ANGRY.. plus I'm sleepy.. Is Tuesday over yet??
  • RobinKamuRobinKamu member
    edited October 2015
    @TheThornBird Hugs.. Tough situation but I think you are handling it like a Queen.. :x
  • My Twat Waffle everyday are my responsibilities. All I want to do is lay in bed half the day but responsibilities and obligations just won't let that happen.
  • My Twat Waffle is myself. I got my toddler up from his nap and carried him down the steps because after nap is the only time he will be snuggly. Well I slid on the step and slid down the last 5 steps. I banged my back up pretty bad and head butted my toddler so we both have matching lumps on our heads now. I'm so sore!
  • @TheThornBird Hugs :( Twatwaffles are my DSS's they are driving me nuts! I have zero patience. They never clean up after themselves and eat like dogs! Pee all over the floor and just leave it there. They are 8 and 10 and know better. I already have to deal with a 3 year old and I can't handle moody and messy older kids too. Rant over! I know they are just kids that's why I bite my tongue mostly..:/
  • @TheThornBird oh man, your situation is super crappy. I'm sorry.
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • dshannahdshannah member
    edited October 2015
    The jackass blind reviewers who didn't read my article with any care or comprehension before rejecting it.

Their critiques are things I explicitly addressed, and they missed the point completely because they were so concerned about correct current Catholic theology. The damn paper was focused on a road *not* taken, one of the losing ideas, and argued that if we are going to understand one moment in history we need to attend to the ideas that were in operation then, even if the ideas didn't survive the generation that thought of them.

How freaking hard is that to understand? But the reviewers were all like, well of course no one noticed this before and no one is paying attention, because the idea didn't win.

What sucks is that this was the perfect journal to publish the piece, but the (new) editor sent it to twatwaffle seminarians rather than historiographically adept scholars.

So, three twatwaffles: the stupid editor and the two stupid reviewers.

@thethornbird still wins (sorry) but I needed to vent
  • A coworker who has been gone at school came back to work over fall break and was being a twat waffle all week. She told me I was using my pregnancy as an excuse to get out of work because I asked her boyfriend to pick up something really heavy for me. I know this is trivial but it was just really aggravating so I needed to vent
  • @schicksal - i feel ya. My brother died unexpectedly 2.5 years ago and I've never been the same. The first year is terrible, and it doesn't get "easier" but it does get "less shitty." My baby is actually due on the 3rd anniversary of his death so we're happy to have something happy to look forward to. I am here if you ever want to talk (even though I'm a stranger on the internet lol). @TheThornBird - if there is a Twatwaffle Tuesday trophy, and I'm not actually sure I want to see that if there is, then you are the clear winner. And my own personal TW is d'angelos subs. Forgot that I placed an order & couldn't accommodation a quick delivery when they realized it an hour later. Are you seriously messing with a pregnant girl and her lunch????
    Thanks, when I called my mom this evening she was doing the same thing I did after work. Just keeping busy to keep her mind occupied. Over the last year that's helped a lot. Still it sucks though knowing that our kids will never have cousins, aunts or uncles (my other half is an only). My family is already small since mom is between 10 and 20 years younger than her siblings and most of my cousins were out of high school by the time I was even born.