May 2016 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 10/20

I didn't see one yet...and I used the GTKY from yesterday I like the idea of keeping the same one all week if possible.

Week/Fruit:

Upcoming Appointments:

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

Questions for the group:

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 10/20

• Week/Fruit: 8/raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow!!! I can't wait. It will be my first appointment.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: not much here I just want it to be tomorrow already.

Questions for the group: I'm not getting an ultrasound but they are going to try to use the Doppler to hear the heart beat. Anyone hear the heart beat at 8 weeks with the Doppler? My doctor said it might be to early.

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be? Probably venison steak, cheesy potatoes (shredded kind) and asparagus.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Week/Fruit: 12/plum

Upcoming Appointments: Had NT scan yesterday and the doctor said everything looks great based on measurements. We're just waiting on the bloodwork results. Assuming all looks good with that, it's going to be such a big relief to get past this stage. With DD, a few concerns came up at our NT scan that carried through the rest of my pregnancy. I really hope for a less stressful run this time. Other than that, next appt is just a normal OB visit on Oct 30.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Terrible nausea/throwing up in week 11, now I'm on diclegis. It seems to be keeping everything at bay, thankfully. Rave- it was great seeing baby yesterday actually looking like a baby instead of a blob!

Questions for the group: Not at the moment.

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be? My non-pregnant self would probably say pasta with marinara sauce and parm cheese (I'm 5, I know). My pregnant self just wishes there was a meal supplement pill I could take so I never have to eat a real meal again :-&.
  • Loading the player...
  • @m6agua - good luck at your appointment tomorrow!!! That is pretty early to consistently hear the HB since baby can hide from the Doppler, but it is possible. I'm sure your doctor wouldn't be willing to try if he/she wasn't feeling good about the chances of finding it. :)
  • Week/Fruit: 11 weeks/lime!

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow! It's been 3 weeks since my last one and I'm so excited to see arms/legs and an actual baby :) I used my Doppler last night and heard the heartbeat so I'm feeling really good about the appointment.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: No rants this time. My husband has been amazing lately and I feel like we're both just in a really happy state. I still have no symptoms. I never had any other than sore boobs for a few weeks and a few headaches. I've been really lucky.

Questions for the group: No questions!

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be? Hmmmm.. Anything covered in cheese. Probably pizza. It gives me cheese, carbs, and meat. Perfect ;)
  • @m6agua I wouldn't get discouraged if they don't find it with a Doppler. It took me 30 minutes to find the heartbeat with my at home Doppler at 9 weeks. Again, it isn't impossible but it might take some time so just don't think of the worst if it isn't easily found, it's just early!
  • Week/Fruit:  9/green olive

Upcoming Appointments:  I had my OB intake appointment yesterday and will have my (third) ultrasound a week from tomorrow.  Can't wait to see the little nugget again.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: So much fatigue.

Questions for the group:  I asked this in PGAL, but I'll ask here, too.  When are you all getting your flu shots?  My RE nurse advised waiting until second tri, and my OB nurse said I can get it any time.  Second tri is still four (five?) weeks away.  Thoughts?

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?  Grilled cheese and tomato soup.
    imageimage
  • Week/Fruit:
    11, lime
    Upcoming Appointments: today-- I had bleeding over night...possibly subchorianic hemorrhage so they're checking it it out this afternoon. Fx everything is still okay.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: nausea off and on, fatigue, sore hips off and on.

Questions for the group: t&p that my bleeding incident didn't hurt the baby.

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
    So difficult to pick...maybe pasta with my grandmother'sauce recipe, meatballs, and fontinella cheese.
  • @YouGoGlenCoco31 I got mine last Friday. My OB recommended it and didn't specify when to get it. I would think the earlier the better since flu season is literally upon us and you want the vaccine to be able to get in your system.

I'm also not a doctor so I would just do what you think is best. I also have asthma and am at high risk even without being pregnant so it was important to me and my doctors to get the vaccine (along with my husband).
  • @kbrands7 - fx for you and baby! Please keep us posted.

@YouGoGlenCoco31 - my OB said anytime was fine, but my next appointment is when I'm getting it, and I'll technically be 2nd tri at that point. I agree that with flu season pretty much here, it seems like the sooner the better as long as you have your OBs blessing.
  • Week/Fruit: 11/lime

Upcoming Appointments: November 5th is next appointment where we will hear heartbeat and set up my blood draw for the Harmony test.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm finally feeling better this past week. Don't need to take my Diclegis anymore!

Questions for the group: None that I can think of.

GTKY: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be? Spaghetti and meatballs!

• I just got back from my u/s and am so relieved that everything looks good! Baby was bouncing around with a healthy heartbeat and measuring 11 weeks. Bleeding was most likely from a hematoma but it's cleared out now. I'm supposed to take it easy for a few days.