TTC after 35

Hi All (Intro of Long-Time Lurker)

Hi ladies! I'm 36 and have been on The Bump since I was pregnant with my daughter five years ago (I started a new account when we started to TTC again). I'm mostly on the TTGP board, but we recently had a convo on there that made me realize I'm one of the oldest ladies over there (that felt really ... great....).
Anyway, DH (39) and I have a DD who will be five soon. We've been TTC for about four months. I temp and chart and all the good stuff.
Nice to meet you all!
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Hi All (Intro of Long-Time Lurker)

• Welcome and good luck
  • Welcome!  I find this a much better fit than TTGP as well.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the boards & best of luck to you! The woman here are awesome and supportive :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Welcome, I am also a former poster who became active again through TTC after 35. I am newer here but find the tone of this board is really nice, no drama
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Welcome!  I think you'll find the vibe a bit different here.  Good luck TTC #2!!!  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Welcome! Working on TTC #2 here as well. This is a great group!
  • Welcome! I was also on TTGP about 5 years ago (maybe 4?). Then my husband at the time and I ended up divorcing. Now I'm remarried and back! What was your username back then?
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • PattersRN said:

Welcome! I was also on TTGP about 5 years ago (maybe 4?). Then my husband at the time and I ended up divorcing. Now I'm remarried and back! What was your username back then?

I wish I could remember! That's why I had to open a new account. I've tried every username I could think of, but I ended up just having to start over. I was on the December 2010 board, but don't remember how active I was. I lurked tons, but I'm not sure how much I would have posted.
    At the time I wasn't TTGP, so I wasn't on that board. My DH (BF at the time) and I had just met and I was on the pill. It was truly a fluke that I got pregnant at all.
    Everyone here is so nice! Thanks for the warm welcome!
  • Welcome!

TTGP is a very informative and fun board, but it's also, well... this board is a little warmer and fuzzier.  :)

Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Hi and welcome. I tried to get into TTGP but mainly just lurk there now.
    I really love this board :-)

GL to you!
      • TTC #1 since August 2014
      • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle
  • @ArtlessIbex I was on the Dec 2010 board too! I'm 36 with a 4 (going on 17) year old DD. my new DH (not DDs dad) is 39 and were trying too. Weird... We're twins.
  • @ArtlessIbex I was on the Dec 2010 board too! I'm 36 with a 4 (going on 17) year old DD. my new DH (not DDs dad) is 39 and were trying too. Weird... We're twins.

Wow, that's awesome! It's so nice to find a bunch of ladies where I'm not the weird one for trying to get pregnant.