New York Babies

Moving to New York at 20 weeks - Best Hospital/OB???

Hi ladies!

My husband and I are moving across the country to New York in 4-6 weeks and I need help! I am currently 14 weeks and living in Los Angeles. I have a great doc and would deliver at Cedar's Sinai but now... I have no idea what I'm going to do. I lived in New York before and had a doc when I wasn't pregnant who seemed cool (Dr. Dodson @ Spring OB/GYN). I believe she delivers at NYU. I just don't know what is the best in NYC and would love to hear your opinions and preferences to help me figure this out. I don't really have any friends out there who are mothers and have been through this. I read Mount Sinai is supposed to be good, is that true?

Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Moving to New York at 20 weeks - Best Hospital/OB???

• Dr Dodson at spring and NYU is great. I'll be seein dr cho at spring obgyn. I would use Weil Cornell NYP But it's just too far and NYU is just as good. If you're near the UES Dr Sidney wu delivers there and my friend is using her. Both are great ! Can't go wrong. What's your EDD? I'm June 12 :)
  • Thank you so much! I feel so lost, this helps. :-) My EDD is April 13. Congratulations!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay congrats to you too !
  • Welcome to NY @bunnywahl! I'm a FTM at 22 weeks and I go to a practice called Downtown Women and I like them. It's not just one doctor though, it's a practice and you just see all the doctors at the practice throughout your pregnancy and whoever is on call when you go into labor delivers you. It's kinda weird I guess but all the doctors have been great so far. They're all women which I like and the office and staff are great. The office is in soho and they deliver at NYU which I hear is a great place to give birth, and is just a good hospital in general. Before I was pregnant I went to Dr Abbe Wain for my gyno for years and she is also great. She shares her practice with one other dr and delivers at Mt Sinai. She's on the upper east side. I only left her because she is only in network with Aetna insurance which I don't have anymore and my out of network deductible is too high to pay out of pocket. But she's great if you're uptown and have Aetna or better out of network benefits. Good luck with the cross country move!!
  • Welcome to NYC! Congrats also on your pregnancy, my EDD is also April 13 :) I see Dr Stevens, she's on the Upper East Side and delivers at Lenox Hill hospital. I've heard nothing but good things about Lenox Hill. Good luck in your search!
  • Thank you so much! I will totally look into these options. Congrats to you too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Awesome! Same due date! I will look her up, thank you and congrats to you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dr Stevens & Dr Butt on the UES are fabulous! Dr Butts delivered my lil girl Aug 18th at Lenox Hill and I loved them both. The hospital staff was really helpful & great. definitely go in for a tour with the nurse navigator Lisa S. She's a rock star to answer any questions.
  • Thank you so much!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I go to Westside OBGYN on the UWS. I gave birth on October 8th at Mt. Sinai and couldn't have been happier with my experience. Best of luck!
  • bunnywahlbunnywahl member
    edited December 2015
    Awesome, thanks! 

Pregnancy Ticker