what do you think of this name for a girl — The Bump
Baby Names

what do you think of this name for a girl

So i pick kaylana and her dad wants amari for the middle name so it will be kaylana amari ..im iffy on it

Re: what do you think of this name for a girl

• The first name is iffy to me. I have combined 2 names together but these are two I wouldn't. Just nms. Maybe just Kayla, Lana or Kayleen?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    eastdurian
  • Can at least one of her names not be made up? Kaylana is very similar sounding to Keilani which is a Hawaiian name I've heard a few times living in California.
    saham07eastdurianKaLikeAWindThat1didntcount
  • Leilani or keilani is very pretty. Kaylana is NMS personally. I like Amara a lot as well. Amari just looks like an attempt to be unique to me and I prefer the rounded sound of Amara better anyway.

eastdurian
  • Amaya is also pretty!

Miss Lilacagerstner
  • I think Amari is a better choice. Kaylana comes across as a made up smoosh name, a bit teen mom.
    Mamabeaglejoforyoga
  • I would flip them if you are set on using them.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Agree that using recognized names, such as Keilani and Amara, might be a better choice.
    eastdurian
  • I think Keilani is beautiful and more recognizable but also very similar to what you were going for.
    eastdurian
  • use real names please

eastdurianKaLikeAWind
  • I don't like Kaylana, but I do like Amari. I have nice associations with that name.
    How about Lana?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • I like both together just fine.
  • use real names please

Yes.