Baby Names

Boy name poll

kittyjaykittyjay member
edited October 2015 in Baby Names
Ok, yesterday I asked what you thought about the name Kirian for my son, due around xmas. Most of you said you liked the name Keiran better. I always thought that name was too close to the girl name, Karen for my taste. Either way, here's a poll! Which do you like best?

Boy name poll 109 votes

Keiran Jay
54% 59 votes
Kean Jay
10% 11 votes
Killian Jay
32% 35 votes
Kirian Jay
3% 4 votes

Re: Boy name poll

• I had a student a few years back named Kyran. It kind of has the same feel you were going for, but less Karen-y. Of your choices I like Keiran and Killian!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Pronounced Kairan or Kiran?
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't like any of those.
  • Killian makes me think of beer.
  • My nephew is Keiran Jay, so I'm biased toward that one. ;)
  • I'm not sure that Kean or Kirian are actually real names, or just takes on other names and then spelled sheshul. I could be wrong, tho. I know that Killian and Keiran are actual for real names, so I chose between those. I chose Keiran because I happen to like the sound a little more, but Killian is fine, too (other than the random connotation to beer, which I also thought of, but it doesn't take away from the name for me)
  • I like killian a lot Kean would be my second choice
  • I really like Keiran.  And Killian?  Yes to all the beer.  I am not a fan of common alcohol names associated with first names (e.d. Jameson, Killian...)
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• The more common spelling is Kieran. Keiran is a variant. I prefer the more common spelling.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Keenan is another similar option.
  • That's amazing! Altho we are now maybe leaning towards the Kieran spelling.
  • I don't like any of them (sorry), but suggest Kellen. I would never choose a name starting with Kill, but think this is a nice alrernative.
  • Love Killian. Like Kieran but only this spelling.
  • Kieran gets my vote, which I would never confuse with Karen. I don't prefer the E before I spelling at all. I also like Killian (and it does make me think of the beer) but not with Jay as a middle name. Just nms.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama!