Chit Chat
Options

Help with Financial Assistance?

I hope this is okay to post here. I am almost 7 months pregnant and am having extreme pregnancy difficulties. I have had terrible nausea and at times I go days unable to keep food down. I sometimes have days I can't keep fluids down. Anyways, this has greatly affected my ability to work. I have a full time job, but am working very minimal hours most weeks. I currently have an intermittent leave through my employer, so my job is safe. But we are struggling financially. I live in Minnesota and live with my boyfriend, this is our first child. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas for assistance? I have a couple of applications and have an appointment with social services tomorrow, but I'm wondering if anyone else has any other advice? I am not looking for a hand out, just help.

Re: Help with Financial Assistance?

• Options
    What part of MN do you live in? Are you having trouble paying bills and such?
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm in Moorhead, Cass county. I am having troubles with bills. I, unfortunately, can't get into my doctor until next Friday. I am beginning to wonder if taking me off of work would be best..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think getting a doctor's orders to stop working may help. You could try local churches/food shelves to save money on groceries to be able to pay other bills. I'm not sure but you may be able to file disability?
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    your hospital should have a financial assistance program if you're having trouble paying hospital bills. utility companies usually have programs too, especially heading into winter in Minnesota. and the welfare department may be able to offer cash assistance and food stamps depending on your husband's income though you may have to wait until after the birth to qualify, and Medicaid if you can't afford your health insurance premiums. if you rent and get behind on payments there are rental assistance programs too, though many of these require an eviction notice before they'll help.

it's tough out there so don't feel bad about asking for help. after all, it's all for your kid. :)