May 2016 Moms

Military Wives in Eastern North Carolina

Hi, ladies! Are there any military wives in ENC? If so, what're your due dates? Duty station? Branch? 

Re: Military Wives in Eastern North Carolina

• I'm not in eastern North Carolina, but hubby and I are getting ready for a PCS beginning of December from California to Norfolk, VA. Hubby is in the Navy. This is our first pregnancy and due date as of now is May 6. What about you?!
  • Right here! He's in the ARNG and stationed at Ft. Bragg but we live about three and a half hours away in the mountains of NC. But his family lives in that area so we're out there all the time for visits and drill.
    Due May 22! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @ncm0328 I am in ENC and headed to CA in the spring! My husband is USMC. How do you feel about getting Norfolk? 
    @kjgalarza Great! I've heard the NC mountains are beautiful. Unfortunately, the furthest west I've made it is Raleigh! 
  • Where in CA are you guys headed? Ever been before? I was born and raised in CA, and so excited to leave. I've heard good and bad about Norfolk, so I'm trying to put opinions of others aside and simply make the best of it. My husband (as of now) is supposed to deploy around a month after the baby is born, this will be our first pcs, first deployment, and first child together so lots of change! My family will be across the country and we're not currently on good terms with his so it'll be difficult! Excited to go to CA?
  • I'm currently in ENC about 30mins from VA boarder. I was born and raised in VA (Virginia beach) and I'm so glad I don't live there anymore!! DH is in the Airforce reserves now and is deploying in December to August!
  • @ncm0328 We are headed to Camp Pendleton. It will be our last PCS before my husband retires so I am thankful for that! We were really hoping for overseas so CA was a disappointment but I always tell my husband, I suppose it could be worse. We could be in 29Palms. Virginia is a nice area, you'll be a few hours from DC. Norfolk is ... interesting. I would pay a bit more to live in a safe neighborhood. 

@gooberdoofus95 I'm a bit further south near New Bern.
  • We're not military but this thread caught my eye because I live in NC! @kjgalarza where in western NC are you? We live in Wilkesboro, pretty close to Watauga county!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• @karmana camp Pendleton is definitely a blessing compared to 29 palms. Way to be positive ;). We are definitely looking into living in one of the nicer neighborhoods in Chesapeake. My husband has even suggested possibly living in Moyock, NC and having him just drive to work but we've heard that'll add anywhere from 30 mins to an hour to his commute. We will figure it out once we get there and get to know the area better. Bet you're so excited that this will be your last pcs before retirement, that's great!
  • @karmana camp Pendleton is definitely a blessing compared to 29 palms. Way to be positive ;). We are definitely looking into living in one of the nicer neighborhoods in Chesapeake. My husband has even suggested possibly living in Moyock, NC and having him just drive to work but we've heard that'll add anywhere from 30 mins to an hour to his commute. We will figure it out once we get there and get to know the area better. Bet you're so excited that this will be your last pcs before retirement, that's great!
  • @ncm0328 Yes! Trying to think positive. My mom is excited that we will be in California - she's a beach fiend. I'm sure you will find something in the area. Avoid Virginia Beach (total dump). How long has your husband been in the military?
  • wamam027wamam027 member
    edited October 2015
    @karmana Positivity is key, right?! We will definitely find something, I'm not all that concerned. We've heard several people say no Virginia Beach, lol. He just passed his 8 year mark last week. How about yours?
  • @ncm0328 Most definitely! He has been in for 17 years. We are getting close to the finish line - can't wait! 
  • @karmana wow, 17 years. That is crazy, you are most definitely getting close to the finish line! 8 years for my husband sounds like so long, but 12 more to go sounds like so much longer!
  • @ncm0328 - Yes, you're lucky your husband is in the navy though. You have so many more options for duty stations than we do (i.e. overseas). We did one tour in Japan, which was amazing but Europe would have been the icing on the cake. Do you two want to stay stateside or is overseas a consideration?
  • wamam027wamam027 member
    edited October 2015
    @karmana Due to my severe fibromyalgia, hashimotos disease, and asthma, I am EFMP category 4 and can't go overseas :(. I was SO disappointed. My husbands rate only allows for CA, WA, FL, or VA, as well as overseas. So our options are very limited. Where in Japan?! My oldest niece was born in Cuba, my youngest in Sasebo Japan. Always have thought that's the coolest story for those girls to tell for the rest of their lives.
  • @ncm0328 - Oh that's too bad. Sorry to hear that! Washington is beautiful though. You're close to Canada with the great skiing/snowboarding in British Columbia. We were in Okinawa, Japan but had the opportunity to explore mainland Japan and other parts of Asia as well. I definitely miss it.