Baby Names

Please give your thoughts

My husband and I like the name Raiden Lee (last name sounds like When) for our baby boy.  It was on a list my cousin sent me of names that mean Light (which is the meaning of the girl name we had chosen).  Lee is my dad's middle name and we're pretty set on it.  Is the name out there?  Is it girly?  We like it but aren't fixed on it and I'd love your opinions.
BabyFruit Ticker

Feb16 October Siggy Challenge- Favorite Halloween Candy

Image result for reese's peanut butter cup pumpkin

Re: Please give your thoughts

• bbiutmcph said:
    I think of raid that kills bugs and raiding a house for drugs
    You know - I hadn't even gone there.  Good thoughts.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Feb16 October Siggy Challenge- Favorite Halloween Candy

Image result for reese's peanut butter cup pumpkin
  • Loading the player...
  • Not crazy about it, but it did make me think of the Raiders. I prefer one of the other names above that pp suggested, also meaning "light".
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like it, its different!
  • I cant help but think Mortal Kombat.....not bad but not my fave
  • I don't like it. It reminds me of radon. And then the raiders. Neither good associations.
  • Not a fan.
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Definitely no.
  • I don't like it at all, sorry.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I also think of the character from Mortal Kombat.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Trendy with the big -aden ending names right now. However, I prefer almost all the other letters over Raiden...I think like "We're raidin' panty drawers tonight."

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• It is just a variation of Jaden, Brayden, etc and those names have gotten so old. I hate it a little less but still. I also don't like the flow of Raiden 'When' anyway.
  • Two thoughts on this name:

1) Raiden is most likely a variation of the Aiden trend (the one where parents take "Aiden" and add a different letter in the front).  Aiden is actually the name that means "light" or "fire."  Raiden, in this sense, is a made-up name and holds no true meaning.  

2) Interestingly enough, I looked up Raiden on Behind The Name, and it turns out that it's a form of a name from Japanese mythology: Raijin, who is apparently the god of thunder and storms in Japanese mythology.  

I like the name Lee and the meaning that it holds for you.  I would either consider using Lee as the first name or keep it in the middle and find a different first name.  If you really love the meaning "light," why not even use Aiden Lee?  

• I think of the Mortal Kombat character.
  • My first thought is the toxic gas....please dont do that to your child.
  • No. And Raid IS the bug killer, yes!!!

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• Nope.  Not a fan.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• I think its okay.
  • When I first read this, I assumed "Raiden" was a made up name for a girl.  Somehow it's even worse for a boy I think.

The "add a random letter to the beginning of Aiden" trend needs to die...it's getting ridiculous.

There are several real names that mean "light" that were listed above for you - any of those would be preferable.

• Mortal Kombat!

• It reminds me of:
    1. Raiders
    2. Radon
    3. The -ayden trend (which is extremely annoying)
    4. Someone trying to be trendy with their kids name.
    5. I would feel bad if friends or family members called him Raid for short......
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic