May 2016 Moms

End of first trimester yucks..

Anyone else feeling kind of just yucky and blah I only have a week left of 1st trimester.. First pregnancy due May 6th hoping that this will end when my morning (anytime of the day now) sickness stops. Don't feel like anything is wrong just really blah and feel sick but I'm not if that makes sense :) thanks in advance

Re: End of first trimester yucks..

• I'm due May 7th. I always thought 2nd trimester was the start of the 14th week. That's 3 more weeks. :( I throw up daily. I'm hoping I wake up one day and feel miraculously better. 
  • Due May 3rd, and definitely hearing you. I've been on Diclectin (diclegis) since weeks 7 or 8, and last week, made the mistake of thinking I was all better as the first trimester was getting closer to the end. Didn't take the meds Thursday night, threw up Friday morning and felt awful for the rest of the day. I swore I wouldn't stop the meds til I see my doctor at the end of the month. I can't wait for the amazing 2nd trimester everyone talks about! I also feel really tired and absolutely not motivated to work...just wishing I could be on mat leave already!
  • Loading the player...
  • Due May 3rd and not feeling any better. I've not had morning sickness so I've been relatively lucky. It's more that I have zero interest in food and a 'meh' feeling about everything. It would be nice to have energy and enthusiasm for food again.
  • Yep. I'm 11w3d and sicker than ever the past few days, throwing up every day. I was really hoping it would be better by now. When I asked her about it many weeks ago, my doctor had originally told me to hold off on taking any drugs unless food wasn't staying down, but when it kept getting worse she prescribed diclegis. I'm trying to limit using it since my insurance won't cover it. Come on 2nd tri, hurry up and get here. And when you do, don't let me down [-X .
  • I'm due May 7th. I always thought 2nd trimester was the start of the 14th week. That's 3 more weeks. :( I throw up daily. I'm hoping I wake up one day and feel miraculously better. 

The first trimester is 12 weeks, second is longer at 16 weeks, and the last is 12 weeks.

Re OP, I am finally starting to feel better. Due May 2nd so almost to 2nd tri as well. My stomach is starting to take shape and harden significantly making sleeping really hard, though.
  • I feel you guys! I have been way sicker with this one than the last. Started getting sick at 6 weeks and am just now 9w4d. long way to go for my 1st to be over, but am eagerly and impatiently awaiting. Diclegis hasn't helped me. The dr also prescribed zofran, but am concerned about taking it after all the lawsuits and all. Don't want to take the chance...most days...some days I feel so bad I would do almost anything to stop gagging!
  • The internet seems to have conflicting reports about whether the first trimester is 1-13 weeks (inclusive) or 1 - 12 (inclusive). Does anyone know the reason for the difference?
  • Thank you all so much for making me feel normal! I have struggled so much with nausea and have had to beg for some slack at work. I've been taking diclegis since week 6 but it seems to help only sporadically. I get so bummed thinking that so many women seem to do fine with having a normal life and having "morning" sickness. Reading what you share makes me have faith that I'm not alone and that people will be understanding with my struggle. Thanks all. :)
  • I feel a bit like that, myself. Still feeling moody at times, and when I get hungry, I get HUNGRY. Like I have to eat right away. I've also been dealing with constipation, which is the biggest of my problems currently. I recently bought Colace and some fruits high in fiber, hoping that helps.
  • My morning sickness lasted until about 15 weeks last time, then I never got that awesome energetic 2nd tri everyone talks about. Not trying to be negative, just honest! Perhaps the fact that this pregnancy is totally different will offer hope--I'm only nauseous about half the time and it seems to be fading at 8 weeks. There's awhile to go and I'm prepared for surprises but oddly thankful to just have the numbing exhaustion....
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • I'm Due May 1st. I can't wait for energy in the second tri! Please don't be a wives tale. My first pregnancy I had morning sickness till I was about 17 weeks. This time its just here and there nausea and so tired. I thought the 2nd tri started at 13 weeks?
  • Yeah, my understanding is that the second trimester starts at 13 weeks. It's confusing because at 12 weeks you are in your 13th week (like how when you're 30 years old, you're in your 31st year).

• I think the 12 vs 13 weeks confusion comes from the fact that there are a little more than 4 weeks in a month (from 4 week 2 days to 4 week 3 days, except for February). So to really have a full 3 months (trimester), you need about 13 weeks. Really though, how much does that matter when no one has the exact same symptoms at the exact same time? As long as baby is growing, that's all that matters, right?
  • From what I understand the 1st trimester is 14 weeks. That's how the book I just returned described it. The first trimester covers the two weeks between your LMP date and ovulation date so it's longer. So your baby is 12 weeks old but you are counted at 14 weeks. From what I can tell the 14th week is the beginning of the 2nd trimester. Oh my MS is now headaches and nasal pain. I can eat more foods but it makes me nauseous if I eat too much...but then I'm soooo hungry. I don't know what to do with myself.
  • I consider 1st tri over after I hit 13 weeks.

My mentality is because I have my 12 week screening and once I get the clear on that, I'm ready to breathe a sigh of relief.

Very scientific, I know! My Dr. has never mentioned it specifically but I'm 11w3d and when I saw him today he said (Another week or so and first tri is done!)

Now I'm rambling. I don't think it matters really, though.

image        image