June 2015 Moms
Options

Twin check in 10/14

Hey twin mommas!

1. How old are those beautiful babies now?
2. Any new milestones?
3. Where are your babies sleeping?
4. If they're the same sex, do you dress them alike or different?
5. If you've started rice cereal, how's that going?
6. What are you all dressing up as for Halloween?
7. If you're breastfeeding or pumping, how much of a freezer stash do you have?
8. Any questions or anything you'd like to add?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Twin check in 10/14

• Options
    1. How old are those beautiful babies now?

19 weeks

2. Any new milestones?

Not rolling yet, but they both scooch around. They often move 2-3 feet from where they start.

Getting good at grabbing stuff too.

One crib. We have a second crib, but haven't needed it yet. They like it together. J hugs A's leg half the time.

Boy/girl, but about 25% of the time I dress them in coordinating outfits. Most of the time they just each wear what they wear.

We did 3 days of rice cereal, last week. A did great with it. J got gassy and it made her wake up every hour at night.

Per pedis suggestion, we started carrots tonight. They both seemed to like it. I mixed rice cereal into A's, I'll wait a week to add it to J's.

We're going to a football game, so J will be a football and A will be a ref.

I EP, and I oversupply. I've got about 1100 oz in the freezer. But I realize that's only a month's supply! I'd like to do BM for a year, but if I can quit pumping at 9 or 10 months, I'm ok with that!

Do you use daycare? How's it going?
  • Options
    1. How old are those beautiful babies now? They turned 19 weeks yesterday.

2. Any new milestones? They're attempting to roll over. It won't be long now. They laugh all the time now. It's amazing. It just makes any bad day turn good in a second.

3. Where are your babies sleeping? Still in their bassinets. We just bought a second crib and will put that together tonight and start transitioning them. Our pedi told us to not to put them in the same crib, so we never have.

4. If they're the same sex, do you dress them alike or different? We dress them alike some of the time. But we really didn't buy a lot of the same clothes in case they were in different sizes.

5. If you've started rice cereal, how's that going? We have tried it 2 nights now. They seem to like it, but have to get used to eating from a spoon. They push most of it out with their tongue. It's fun trying though.

6. What are you all dressing up as for Halloween? 3 year old ds is a ninja turtle. My dh is going as master Splinter. The girls are an elephant and a bear, and I'll be the zoo keeper.
    7. If you're breastfeeding or pumping, how much of a freezer stash do you have? Wow @423ang you put me to shame. I breastfeed and pump. I thought I was doing amazing with my stash. I have about 550 ounces in mine. I'm still proud of it! I've worked hard. With ds I never had more than 150 ounces frozen.
    8. Any questions or anything you'd like to add? I know I asked the daycare question in a previous check in. Can't remember people's answers though. I was lucky enough to alter my schedule so I go to work when dh gets home. Daycare would have been my entire paycheck for 3 kids. I don't miss it at all. DS hated his daycare and was excited as all heck not to go back. So we a save money, and don't have to worry so much about all the illnesses being passed around. DS got rsv at 6 months and 18 months from daycare.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DolphinLover2002

Re: the stash. It's not a contest! Be proud, mama!

Re: daycare. I now remember that you had that in there before, because I remember your response after you posted it again. Oops!
  • Options
    Lol, that's perfectly fine. And I know it's not a contest, but damn! I'm very proud, because I couldn't keep up with ds at the end. My girls eat about every 3-4 hours. I only work 5 hour shifts on weekdays, and full 8 hour shifts on weekends. I feed them right before I leave, they get one bottle on my short shifts about 3 hours after I leave, and I pump. Then I feed them again when I get home. On my long shifts, I feed them before I leave, and pump about 3 hours in when they get a bottle. Then 3 hours later I go home on lunch to feed them. Then they don't eat until I'm home for the day. Once winter hits I'll pump on lunch. But at most, they'll get 2 bottles a day. So my 550 ounces will last me a couple months.

• Options
    How old are those beautiful babies now?

18 weeks! Can you believe how big they're all getting?!

2. Any new milestones?

They seem to have forgotten how to roll over and now just cry on their bellies. It's weird haha. Grasping toys and eating them is new!

In cribs when they choose. One always ends up in the swing and one in our bed. It's an imperfect plan that we are hoping can change in the new year. They share a room with their older sister so we wisk them out as soon as they cry as to not wake her. Hoping to get a place with 3 bedrooms upstairs instead of 2.

I like to if I have matching clothes. But I'm too cheap to buy new matching clothes since I had a ton of baby clothes from our first daughter.

H loves it and C doesn't seem to care!

They are being little Dalmatians and our older daughter flips between a "princess dress" and an elephant. We shall see what she decides, we have both in the dress up trunk.

I buy 2 cans of formula every other week ;)

Is there anything that you're worried about, in regards to milestones? Like we had one teething already and it was a nightmare so I'm really scared for when they actually start teething at the same time
  • Options
    jesscmvjesscmv member
    edited October 2015
    1.. How old are those beautiful babies now?
    5 months yesterday!
    2. Any new milestones?
    M has her 2 bottom teeth and C rolls both ways now.

Seperate cris since day 2, they drove us insane in our room because we felt like we were living out of our bedroom!

Sometimes we do. We were given a lot of clothes so usually just dress in whatever is clean.

Started rice cereal about a month ago. Both girls love it and I feed it usually 2 times a day. Well probably start veggies next month.

I'm thinking salt and pepper shakers :)

I'm so proud if you pumping and bf moms, you guys rock! I'm with you @mamameghan formula for us too! I feel like we're always buying it. Just fyi, our pediatrican said we could switch to the stage 2. It is way cheaper and you get more!

• Options
    Our girls only go to the gym daycare for about 2 hours a day then we are able to switch our schedule around and lucky to have family watch them too. DH and I both work FT.
  • Options
    @mamameghan we usually end up in the swing at night too. It's a bad habit, but it's screaming or sleep. We choose sleep. We thankfully have 2 swings. And M is already showing teething signs. She knaws on everything. If she can get my finger in her mouth, she's chewing on it. H just drools a ton. Big brother didn't get any teeth until he was 9 months old, so our pedi says most likely they'll be late too. I'm perfectly fine with that since I breastfeed! Neither of them are cranky, just shove anything and everything in their mouths.
    Thanks @jjvanwagner25! I'm very proud to be breastfeeding. It was really tough at first, and there were several times I wanted to quit. I just knew I couldn't quit on a bad day, and kept going. Now it's a breeze. It's extra bonding and way way cheaper. It's not for everyone though, and I support you ladies for doing what's best for you! We're all feeding our babies, and they're beautiful and healthy.