Pregnant after a Loss
Options

2nd Tri Cramping

Hey ladies. I hope things are going well with everyone. I was hoping to find some solace in similar experiences.

I am about 21 weeks now. And I have pretty much officially shared the news with everyone - including all of my students. This past weekend I hosted a very large event at the high school. I was on my feet all weekend. I know I didn't eat enough (or well) and likely didn't get enough water.

With that background, here's what happened. Once Saturday morning and once in the evening I had this sudden, severe abdominal cramp. It stopped me in my tracks. I had to sit and wait for it to pass. I don't think either lasted more than 5 or 10 seconds but it felt like forever. There was never any bleeding or any other symptom.

Today I feel fine. I drank I ton of water when I got home last night. But I can't shake the worry that something just isn't quiet right. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I am planning to call the doc tomorrow regardless. It's just so scary to finally get to this point, to feel more confident in this pregnancy, and the have that all come crashing down in a matter of seconds.
Married 7/20/13
#1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
#2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
#3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 2nd Tri Cramping

• Options
    I don't have any experience to share but hoping you just over did it. Let us know what the dr says!
  • Options
    Curious as to what the doctors told you.  Some of the girls on the March board are already experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions so maybe it was one of those but I hear those aren't supposed to hurt.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Were they low enough to be round ligament pains? Those will stop you dead in your tracks. I have had them since 5 weeks this time, but didn't have them until I was further along with DD. They are sudden and don't always last long, but feel like someone stabbed you (or how I imagine that would feel lol).
  • Options
    Just talked with a nurse. She said it sounds like I was dehydrated and that it's totally normally - especially since there was no spotting or bleeding. She just said to monitor since I have an u/s scheduled in about 2 1/2 weeks.

@rachelrobertson - they were low. I just hadn't experienced that type of RLP. I've had more consistent dull pain than this sudden stabbing pain. And yes, I would imagine that's what getting stabbed feels like! I thought it might be Braxton Hicks. But from what I've read it's not supposed to be painful necessarily.

Regardless, I feel some temporary relief. I'm sure as the next appointment pops up all that anxiety will flood in.

Also, Rachel, how are things going for you!?
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That would definitely freak me out too. Glad you talked to the nurse and everything sounds like it's OK!

• Options
    I had sharp pains, too. Like, so sharp that I thought something had to be wrong and, ironically, my doctor was never worried about them. She said that all she cared about were cramps.
  • Options
    After having a second trimester loss, the cramps that started and ended up being the worst news ever felt like period cramps. They were consistent and crampy. Hope you are feeling better!
  • Options
    Things are well over here. I am 22 weeks today and DH felt him kick this past weekend for the first time! I am sure it was a fluke in perfect positioning, but he did not like my full bladder and how I was laying. Anatomy scan went well. Been busy lately, so haven't been on much. Have you had your anatomy scan yet, @borgahurst ?
  • Options
    Things are ok. We went at 20 weeks but she wasn't cooperating. She was all turned around and curled up. So I get another u/s in two weeks.

That's awesome he felt it! I am pretty sure I have been feeling her move around but not enough for me or DH to feel it externally.
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker