Formula Feeding

How to reduce breast pain if not BF

?? My daughter was born Friday and my milk came in and my Boobs hurt so bad, Amy suggestions on how to relieve the pain?

Re: How to reduce breast pain if not BF

• Cabbage leaves, manually expressing some breast milk, warm water (like in the shower), cool compresses,  
  • Warm water in the shower can cause your milk to leak some which may actually stimulate production. I turn away from the water while I soap up and then turn it down to cool to rinse off and avoid touching my nipples any more than necessary. I've been taking ibuprofen for pain from my c-section and it seems to help too. Other than that, ice packs and the most supportive bra you have is what worked for me. I'm 11 days pp and no longer have pain, just a few leaks in my bra (nursing pads take care of that).
  • Loading the player...
  • rue:D said:
    Warm water in the shower can cause your milk to leak some which may actually stimulate production. I turn away from the water while I soap up and then turn it down to cool to rinse off and avoid touching my nipples any more than necessary. I've been taking ibuprofen for pain from my c-section and it seems to help too. Other than that, ice packs and the most supportive bra you have is what worked for me. I'm 11 days pp and no longer have pain, just a few leaks in my bra (nursing pads take care of that).

This. Tight sports bra, ice, and time.
  • Keep those cabbage leaves in the fridge, too. Heaven.
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker