Trouble TTC
Options

Feeling Alone... Thoughts?

My husband and I have been trying for 10 months and each month something has made me think I might be pregnant. However, the past week I have woken up every night having to pee and that NEVER happens to me. I always sleep all the way though the night but every night since last Thursday (its Wednesday) I have had to get up and pee. I also am having weird stomach cramps, cravings and I am more tired that normal. I took a pregnancy test this morning because I think its around that time, though I am often not consistent so I don't know exactly when I should start, and it came back BFN but I still haven't gotten AF yet either... I know none of you know for sure if I am pregnant or not but I was just wanting anyone to let me know if what I am feeling is normal for TTC and I really just want to know I am not alone... :) Thanks

Re: Feeling Alone... Thoughts?

• Options
    Are you late?
  • Options
    Completely normal. I'd recommend reading this thread for advice on TTC: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12613283/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first#latest
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, I'm pretty sure all of us have gone through it still do in a sense. It doesn't get easier either when you have to take meds that can mimic early pregnancy. Even when you tell yourself you aren't going to symptom spot, it seems inevitable that something different happens to your body and it's a "symptom" or sign of pregnancy. The reality is most symptoms are the same as impending AF and most pregnant women won't experience true symptoms until after AF. I strongly believe those who tell you differently are either remembering timing wrong or didn't pay as close attention to signs AF is arriving. Try your best not to symptom spot.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    You are definitely not alone! Pretty much everybody who has ever tried to get pregnant has symptom spotted. It's very frustrating. A lot of it honestly is just that you're likely to be paying closer attention to your body than normal because you're looking for signs. We all do it even though we know we're not supposed to. You are not crazy or alone! 
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Options
    I have been trying for 9 months with no luck. You are so not alone! Every month before my period, I get some other odd symptom/s I have never had before making me think I am finally pregnant. I don't know why my mind plays tricks on me especially since by now, I have almost given up hope. I am 35 and went to dr. this month to find out what's going on only to learn my insurance doesn't cover any testing. Trust me when I say I know exactly how you feel. Hugs!
  • Options
    turtle148turtle148 member
    edited September 2015
    Did any of your medications change this cycle? I had to move some of mine around because of the additional side effects like nocturia (getting up to urinate at night). If some meds have changed that may cause weird symptoms.
  • Options
    I have been TTC for about 2.5 yrs. At first I was the queen of taking pregnancy tests and thinking every thing I felt meant I was pregnant. Man was I stressing myself out! I know the last thing any of us want to hear is relax. It so hard when you are paying such close attention to your body and you want to be so hopeful. To keep my sanity I have tried to stop thinking everything I feel may be a symptom of pregnancy. I wait until I am a day or two late to take a test....which means I rarely every take a test these days bc my period is fairly regular. Scaling back and not googling symptoms of pregnancy each month has helped me. I hope you get a positive soon. If not looks like you are close to hitting a year and should start looking into having some testing done if you have not already. Good luck to you. 
  • Options
    I feel the same each month!
    I have some symptoms but it always ends on AF...
    I figured out that AF have a lot of similarities with pregnancy symptoms...
    Some times our minds plays tricks to us...
    Fx!