May 2016 Moms
Options

Bleeding question !!

I had a Pap smear yesterday and had some spotting after, not enough to even come up on a pad but today I've had significantly more bleeding like almost like a period bleeding but I haven't had any pain or cramping ??? Is this normal ??

Re: Bleeding question !!

• Options
    I seriously just had this happen yesterday and went to the doctor this morning. He said to call any time there is bleeding more than spotting - I saw baby and all was fine but the doctor said I have a very small placental tear that should heal on its own. A very scary day and I hope everything goes well going forward.

Give them a call and good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I agree, call your doctor. Bleeding isn't always a bad sign for baby, but since it sounds like more than just a little spotting, it is probably worth getting your doctor's opinion on. I hope everything is okay!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had spotting after my hubby and I had sex. Went in for an ultrasound (standard practice). At our appointment my doctor assured me that it was common. The cervix is very sensitive and there are a lot more blood vessels, etc down there now so it's easy for things to be irritated. He told me that as long as it is not bright red and/or clots then I shouldn't worry.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice guys, called the doc and am now waiting in emerg for an ultrasound :( hope everything goes well